When Nioh 2 finally got announced for PC, Team Ninja and Sony also announced a PS5 remaster for both Nioh and Nioh 2 with multiple release and upgrade options. Both games are also getting a bundled release titled The Nioh Collection for PS5 that includes both Nioh and Nioh 2 Remastered with all DLC. Yesterday, Japanese publications posted impressions for The Nioh Collection on PS5. Both Gamer and Gamespark in Japan confirmed the various display options available for Nioh and Nioh 2 on PS5 through The Nioh Collection. Watch the trailer for The Nioh Collection on PS5 below:
Nioh Collection PS5 resolution and frame rate options
Both Nioh and Nioh 2 in The Nioh Collection in their remastered incarnations have three display options. The first is “PS5 Standard Mode”. This outputs at 1080 60fps with multiple visual improvements as detailed on Gamespark. The “4K mode” outputs at 4K and 60fps. The “120fps mode” drops the resolution down to 1080p with a 120fps output on supported displays. Nioh 2 on PS5 also has better textures on models. Previews also mention faster load times thanks to the PS5 SSD.
Nioh Collection PS5 DualSense features
Nioh 2 PS4 to PS5 upgrade
Sony and Team Ninja have announced the following upgrade path
- Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
- Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.
Nioh PS5 physical release
Nioh editions releasing in February 2021
- Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 4)
- Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
- Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (available on PlayStation 5)
- The Nioh Collection (available on PlayStation 5)
Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (PS5), Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (PS4 and PS5), and The Nioh Collection (PS5) release on February 5, 2021 alongside Nioh 2 – The Complete Collection for PC. Check out my preview of the PC version here.