Sony has announced (via Gematsu) a few Final Fantasy XVI PS5 console bundles across regions. There will be a limited edition themed console, controller, and face plates available in Japan. These bundles with the console include a code for the game and some in-game content depending on region. As of now, nothing has been announced for Europe, Australia, or India. Final Fantasy XVI recently went gold well before its release date, and it was showcased during a dedicated State of Play revealing a ton of new Final Fantasy XVI gameplay details. Read about this here.
Final Fantasy XVI Limited Edition PS5 console bundle in Japan
The Japanese bundle, controller, and face plates are below. Pricing is available here. It will be available in limited quantities from June 22.
Final Fantasy XVI PS5 console bundle
North America will see a bundle of the game code and a PS5 available on PlayStation Direct from next week. Check it out below:
Final Fantasy XVI core development team
- Producer – Naoki Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, DRAGON QUEST X, DRAGON QUEST: Monster Battle Road)
- Main Director – Hiroshi Takai (FINAL FANTASY V, SaGa Frontier, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Creative Director & Original Screenplay – Kazutoyo Maehiro (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Localization Director – Michael-Christopher Koji Fox (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY VII Dirge of Cerberus)
- Art Director – Hiroshi Minagawa (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS)
- Combat Director – Ryota Suzuki (DEVIL MAY CRY 5, Dragon’s Dogma and MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 (All published by CAPCOM))
- Character Design – Kazuya Takahashi (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY X)
- Composer – Masayoshi Soken (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, Nanashi no Game series, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Published by Nintendo)
I’m interested to see if any of the limited edition controller or face plates make their way outside Japan.
Final Fantasy XVI releases on June 22 for PS5.