Final Fantasy 16 is out now worldwide on PS5 after a long wait. The game is massive, and there’s a lot to keep in mind when you play it. Read my Final Fantasy 16 PS5 review here. Having finished the game and already put in a good amount of time into New Game Plus, I wanted to help new players with the basics. This Final Fantasy 16 difficulty guide will cover the Timely Accessories you can equip in Action and Story Mode in Final Fantasy 16.
What are the Final Fantasy 16 Difficulty Options
You initially have access to Action Focused and Story Focused difficulty options. These aren’t difficulty options per say, but they will automatically equip certain accessories to help you out if you pick Story Focused. The Action Focused mode has these in your inventory, but they are not automatically equipped.
Once you finish the game, you unlock Final Fantasy Mode (New Game Plus difficulty). This is a remixed mode that lets you carry over your level, equipment, and more.
How to change difficulty in Final Fantasy 16
You can do this by equipping or removing the various rings detailed below.
Final Fantasy 16 Timely Accessories – combat rings explained
The following are available in Story Focused (equipped) and Action Focused (inventory) to help you if you’re having trouble during combat:
- Ring of Timely Healing – When equipped, Clive will automatically use a potion when his HP falls below a certain point. Potions are used before high potions.
- Ring of Timely Strikes – When equipped, complex ability combinations can be executed by pressing Square. This lets you button mash.
- Ring of Timely Evasion – When equipped, Clive will automatically evade attacks, as long as the attack can be evaded.
- Ring of Timely Focus – When equipped, time slows before an evadable enemy attack strikes Clive. There is no effect when equipped with the ring of timely evasion.
- Ring of Timely Assistance – When equipped, pet commands are executed automatically and Torgal’s actions will adapt to Clive’s. The Ring of Timely Assistance’s effects are included in the Ring of Timely Strikes above.
Final Fantasy XVI core development team
- Producer – Naoki Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, DRAGON QUEST X, DRAGON QUEST: Monster Battle Road)
- Main Director – Hiroshi Takai (FINAL FANTASY V, SaGa Frontier, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Creative Director & Original Screenplay – Kazutoyo Maehiro (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Localization Director – Michael-Christopher Koji Fox (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY VII Dirge of Cerberus)
- Art Director – Hiroshi Minagawa (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS)
- Combat Director – Ryota Suzuki (DEVIL MAY CRY 5, Dragon’s Dogma and MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 (All published by CAPCOM))
- Character Design – Kazuya Takahashi (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY X)
- Composer – Masayoshi Soken (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, Nanashi no Game series, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Published by Nintendo)
Final Fantasy XVI is out now worldwide on PS5. Read our review here.