Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty from Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja was revealed at the Microsoft showcase last year, and it is finally out now worldwide. The new action RPG masocore experience from Team Ninja featuring Fumihiko Yasuda (Nioh) and Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne) is available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Steam. Read my review of the game here. Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja have now released the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty version 1.07 update for PS5, PS4, and Steam with patch notes below. This patch focuses on various balance adjustments to bosses, weapons, and more.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty version 1.07 update patch notes
- Added a function allowing players to carry over their Battle Flag and Marking Flag progress when returning to a previously completed battlefield.
- This option can be enabled or disabled via the Travel menu by choosing which battlefield to return to.
- When enabled, some of the shortcuts such as doors and ladders will have been unlocked by default.
- Added diagrams to the Learn Wizardry Spells screen, Set Wizardry Spells screen, and “Five Phases Affinities” under Tutorial allowing players to better understand the affinity between each of the Five Phases.
- Added functions to the Online Lobby, Recruit, and Recruit Allies screens allowing players to part ways with companions.
- Added Five Virtues to the Tutorial screen in the Documents menu.
- Made upwards adjustments to the shrinking of the Spirit Gauge’s lower limits and downward adjustments to the Spirit damage dealt upon successfully performing deflect.
|All Weapon Categories||Optimized the timing at which players can activate deflect to cancel the recovery sequence after attacks.Increased the Spirit damage dealt with Spirit attacks.Decreased the boost in Spirit attack power when Spirit is high.|
|Straight Sabre||Improved the turnaround between normal dash attacks.|
|Curved Sabre||Improved the turnaround between normal dash attacks.|
|Sword||Improved the turnaround between normal dash attacks.Shortened the startup sequence of normal attacks.|
|Glaive||Shortened the startup sequence when activating a follow-up Spirit attack after a normal attack.|
|Halberd||Increased the movement distance of the first swing of normal attacks.Shortened the recovery sequences between normal attack combos.Increased the movement distance of the follow-up Spirit attack after a normal attack, and optimized the hitbox.|
|Spear||Increased the movement distance of the first swing of normal attacks.|
|Slashing Spear||Shortened the recovery sequences between normal attack combos.|
|Staff||Shortened the recovery sequence after normal dash attacks.|
|All Martial Arts (except Thunderous Impact and Tigertail Lash)||Increased Spirit damage dealt.|
|Lightspeed Gust||Shortened the startup sequence.Increased the speed and range of the thrust.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Meteoric Strike||Improved the turnaround between attacks.|
|Dawning Sky||Made adjustments so it is possible to perform an Aerial Skill after jumping.|
|Starlight Blade||Shortened the time it takes to build up energy.Shortened the startup sequence.|
|Cosmic Syzygy||Shortened the startup sequence.Increased the speed of the thrust.Increased the speed of the backward leap upon successful hits.Added sound effects to signify the timing for additional input.Added a visual effect for successful attacks.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Gouging Star||Adjusted the hitbox.Adjusted hit stop.|
|Whirlwind Advance||Increased the movement distance of the first swing.|
|Violent Sandstorm||Shortened the startup sequence.Adjusted the speed of consecutive attacks.|
|Ill Wind||Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Thunderous Impact||Adjusted hit stop.Decreased Spirit damage dealt.|
|Shimmering Sun||Shortened the startup sequence.|
|Looming Cloud||Increased movement distance during secondary action.Adjusted pushback.|
|Mongrel’s Rampart||Added an active hitbox accompanying the thrust.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Prancing Dragon||Shortened the startup sequence.Adjusted the timing of the transition to the secondary action.Increased the swing speed of the weapon.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Dragon Flash||Adjusted hit stop.|
|Python Turnover||Adjusted pushback.Adjusted the hitbox.|
|Panther’s Grit||Adjusted pushback.|
|Emerging Dragon||Shortened the startup sequence.Increased movement distance upon successful attack.Made changes so that the enemy is thrown down by a successful attack.Added a visual effect for successful attacks.|
|Tigertail Lash||Shortened the startup sequence.Shortened the distance of the backstep at the beginning.Increased the distance of the subsequent forward movement.Decreased Spirit damage dealt.|
|Fanning Peacock||Adjusted the hit intervals.|
|Falcon Strike||Shortened the startup sequence.|
|Stag Hunter||Added an active hitbox accompanying the swinging movement.Shortened the startup/recovery before swinging down.|
|Soaring Phoenix||Made it possible to launch a secondary attack in midair after the first attack hits.|
|Feasting Ursine||Shortened the startup sequence.|
|Nightbird Spin||Adjusted pushback.Adjusted the hitbox.Removed damaging capabilities upon retrieving the weapon.|
|Horn Strike||Shortened the startup sequence.Made changes so that the enemy is thrown back when hit with the upward swing.Made adjustments so it is possible to perform an Aerial Skill after jumping.|
|Plummeting Ape||Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Serpent’s Torment||Shortened the startup sequence.Increased the movement distance at the beginning.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Marching Dragon||Shortened the startup sequence.Adjusted the speed of flurry attacks.Shortened the recovery sequence while transitioning to the finishing blow.|
|Parting Grass||Shortened the startup sequence.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Heaven Divide||Made changes so that players withstand enemy attacks (excluding Critical Blows) while their Qi veins are active.|
|Mountain Strike||Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Rising Tides||Shortened the startup sequence.Increased the rotation speed.Adjusted the timing of the transition to the finishing blow.Made changes so that the enemy is thrown down in the final stage of the attack.|
|Mountain Buster||Shortened the startup sequence.Adjusted the speed of flurry attacks.Expanded the area of effect of the final shock wave.|
|Undercurrent Sprint||Adjusted pushback.Shortened the recovery sequence while transitioning to strike.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.|
|Rock Crash||Adjusted the hitbox while falling.|
|Boulder Glide||Changed the shock waves into Stone damage.|
|Sea Split||Shortened the time it takes to build up energy.Adjusted the intervals between stages of building up energy.Shortened the recovery sequence while transitioning to strike.|
|Heaven Reversal||Increased the movement distance of each sequence.|
|Skyward Evergreen||Increased the movement distance.Made adjustments so it is possible to perform an Aerial Skill after jumping.|
|Endless Flowering||Adjusted the fastest possible timing for the transition to the final sequence.Increased the movement distance.|
|Sudden Tornado||Shortened the startup sequence.|
|Waving Willow||Shortened the startup sequence.|
|Thorn Cleave||Shortened the startup/recovery sequence.|
|Crescent Gale||Made changes so that the player can move in any direction during activation.Reduced the openings in defense after attacks.Adjusted pushback.|
|Blossom Stream||Made changes so that this Martial Art technique consumes Spirit in every frame, rather than only in certain frames during flurry attacks.Reduced Spirit consumption of flurry attacks.Made changes so that the barrage of hits ends when Spirit is depleted.|
|Falling Leaf||Shortened the startup sequence.Increased the movement distance.|
|Falling Leaves||Shortened the startup/recovery sequence.|
|Scattered Leaves||Improved visibility.|
|Barbed Conductor||Reduced Spirit consumption.|
|Scorch Sweep||Reduced Spirit consumption.|
|Scorch Stream||Reduced Spirit consumption.|
|Scorch Spinner||Reduced Spirit consumption.|
|Frozen Arrow||Reduced Spirit consumption.|
|Force Blow||Reduced Spirit consumption.Increased attack speed.Increased Stone accumulation when landing hits.|
|Bursting Fireball||Made changes so that the spell effect does not manifest if the projectile is successfully deflected.|
|Venomous Discharge||Made changes so that the spell effect does not manifest if the projectile is successfully deflected.|
|Venom Snare||Made changes so that the spell effect does not manifest if the projectile is successfully deflected.Increased Toxin accumulation when landing hits.Extended intervals between the moments when damage is received over time.Reduced Toxin damage.|
|Zhang Rang||Made adjustments to the AI.Made changes to his actions at the start of the battle.Added more attack combo patterns.Changes specific to re-summoning of clones:Made adjustments so that the re-summoning would take place even if there are some clones remaining.Zhang Rang no longer re-summons his clones more than once per battle.Reduced damage dealt by lightning attacks to a wide area of effect.Adjusted how far the player is pushed back when hit by the tornado attack.Extended the amount of time between the indicative effect before the strike and the actual strike during consecutive lightning attacks.Shortened the duration of the ball of lightning. Fine-tuned his behavior accordingly.Changes specific to the real Zhang Rang:Increased Spirit damage dealt.Increased Spirit recovery speed to make it equivalent to that of other characters.Extended the time before his Spirit starts recovering.Slightly reduced the maximum amount by which his Spirit Gauge’s lower limit can be reduced.Changes specific to clones:Slightly increased HP damage received.Reduced HP damage dealt.Reduced Spirit damage received.Slightly increased Spirit recovery speed.Reduced the maximum amount by which their Spirit Gauges’ lower limits can be reduced.Adjusted the lock-on camera.Made other minor adjustments.|
|Taotie||Made adjustments to the AI.Reduced Spirit consumption of Critical Blows.Made adjustments to the durability of hardened parts to make it easier for part destruction to occur.Extended the time before its Spirit starts recovering.Increased Spirit recovery speed.Reduced HP damage received.Reduced Spirit damage received.Increased the amount of Spirit recovered when Taotie lands attacks.Changes specific to the first phase of the battle:Added one additional fireball attack and expanded the area of effect.Fixed a bug that prevented some hits from landing.Changed targetable parts to torso, right hoof, and left hoof.Added a sequence in the second phase of the battle that involves its parts recovering from damage.Improved the efficiency of Critical Blows in the second phase of the battle.Adjusted the lock-on camera.Made other minor adjustments.|
|Demonized Xiahou Dun||Made adjustments to the AI.Adjusted the lock-on camera.Made other minor adjustments.|
|Demonized Lu Bu||Made adjustments to the AI.Slightly increased Spirit recovery speed.Extended the time before his Spirit starts recovering.Adjusted the timing before the transition to the latter phase of the battle.Made other minor adjustments.|
|Yan Liang & Wen Chou||Increased Morale Rank.In Path of the Crouching Dragon: 12In Path of the Rising Dragon: 14Increased the amount of Morale Points earned by attacking Yan Liang and Wen Chou using actions that consume Spirit.Reduced the amount of Morale Points earned by attacking minor enemies using actions that consume Spirit prior to the battle against Yan Liang and Wen Chou.Slightly increased Spirit recovery speed.Extended the time it takes for Spirit recovery.Increased Spirit damage received.|
|Demonized Yuan Shao||Made adjustments to the AI.Added more attack combo patterns.Reduced HP damage received.Reduced Spirit damage received.Added ice projectiles to the step action sequence.Adjusted the impact position of ice projectile attacks..Adjusted attributes of two types of actions that involve generating icy pillars.Reduced damage received when elemental attacks hit the shield.Made other minor adjustments.|
|Yu Ji||Made adjustments to the AI.Reduced HP damage received.Slightly increased Spirit recovery speed.Extended the time before his Spirit starts recovering.Reduced the amount of Morale Points obtained in battle.|
|Embodiment of Demonic Qi||Made adjustments to the AI.Added more attack combo patterns.Made overall adjustments to defense, Spirit, and attack power.Made it easier for part destruction to occur.Adjusted the lock-on camera.Changed targetable parts to head and torso.Reduced Spirit consumption of Critical Blows.Made adjustments to smooth out the movements when downed or during recovery.Slightly reduced the speed of lightning pillar attacks.Added a tracking ability to one of the fireballs in the fireball attack.Changes specific to poison bog attacks:Decreased the number of bogs generated.Adjusted the timing between the warning before the strike and the actual strike during bog attacks.Shortened the attack activation duration.Changed the reaction when attacks hit.Slightly reduced the height at which pillars are generated and adjusted the fall speeds for icy pillar attacks.Shrank the hitbox for Critical Blows using balls of Demonic Qi.Made other minor adjustments.|
- Revised the conditions for online matching and improved certain conditions that made it difficult to match.
- Improved action synchronization in environments with significant online delays.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go outside the bounds of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug allowing enemies to be hit with attacks through certain walls in some stages.
- Fixed a bug that would increase the amount of Spirit that could be obtained while in High Spirit.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Fatal Strikes against Zhupolong to fail if performed from certain directions.
- Fixed a bug in which players granted the positive effect Lion’s Roar from the Wizardry Spell Lion’s Roar were rendered impervious to damage from Fatal Strikes.
- Fixed a bug causing the duration of positive and negative effects to decrease while the game was loading, including the period prior to boss fights.
- Fixed a bug in which the BGM for the second phase of the fight against the demonized Sun Jian would not play correctly.
- Fixed a bug in which some of the Shuigui would not respawn when restarting in the main battlefield “Darkness over the Hanshui River.”
- Fixed a bug that caused the Morale Ranks of minor enemies to be elevated to the equivalent of bosses in the sub battlefield “Massacre of Meiwu Fort” in “Path of the Rising Dragon.”
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show an interface notifying that the player acquired arrows/projectiles when the special effect Ammo Replenish upon Fatal Strike was activated, even if they possessed the maximum number of projectiles.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Baishe’s movements to cease during multiplayer sessions.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the information above guest players’ heads to disappear from the host player’s screen during Recruit sessions.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Titles Obtained rate in Battle Summary to be stuck at 99%, even though all Titles had been acquired.
- Fixed a bug in which damage values for ballista attacks were reflected in the damage values recorded in Battle Summary.
- After applying the update, the value for Highest Damage Dealt in Single Attack will be reset.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the copyright to appear twice when taking pictures in Photograph mode.
- Fixed a bug that prevented equipment weight from being taken into account for jumping and landing action sounds.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
Steam/Microsoft Store Versions
Major Bug Fixes
- Reduced the processing load in environments using CPUs with a large number of cores.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the mouse cursor to appear while using the pad to perform UI operations, even though the mouse was not being moved.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe Edition contents
The Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe Edition includes a Season Pass that features three DLC packs. These packs are highlighted by new generals, new demons, new scenarios, new stages, new weapon types, and more. The Digital Deluxe Edition also includes a digital artbook and a digital mini soundtrack. Those who purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition will also be rewarded with the Season Pass/DDX bonus: “Qinglong Armor”.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Season Pass
The Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Season Pass has the following:
- Battle of Zhongyuan DLC
- Conqueror of Jiangdong DLC
- Upheaval in Jingxiang DLC
- Season Pass Bonus Qinglong Armor
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is out now worldwide on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC platforms including Steam. It is also available in Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.