Square Enix just announced details for Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.4: Futures Rewritten. This patch is set to arrive in December on PS4 and PC platforms. With the PS5 release date set for next month worldwide (but not India yet), more and more games have been getting confirmed for the next-generation system. In today’s stream, Square Enix confirmed that Final Fantasy XIV will be playable on PS5 through PS4 backward compatibility. The PS4 Pro version’s settings will be available. The PS5 will also provide quicker load times. You can watch the full Letter from the Producer for Final Fantasy XIV’s patch 5.4 below:
Final Fantasy XIV PS5 version
While the PS4 version will be playable as confirmed in the stream, the Naoki Yoshida clarified (via Twinfinite) that this should be taken as an announcement of a native PS5 version. The team cannot talk about that yet. As of this writing, there are no details on an upgrade but Square Enix did allow PS3 players to upgrade their Final Fantasy XIV version to PS4. Hopefully the company allows that for PS5 as well once a native version is announced. Phil Spencer previously confirmed that Final Fantasy XIV will come to Xbox. I expect it to be revealed for the next major expansion which is when a native PS5 version likely will be happening as well.
Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.4 release date
The patch is currently scheduled for December this year. An exact release date will be announced in the near future.
Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.4 contents
Square Enix confirmed the following new content, enhancements, and changes for the patch so far. Full patch notes will be revealed at a later date.
- New Main Scenario Quests – Following the grand conclusion of the Shadowbringers story in Patch 5.3, players will set out on a new adventure.
- New Raid Dungeon: Eden’s Promise – The third chapter in the 8-player Eden raid series brings new challenging battles available as both normal and savage difficulties.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow of Werlyt Updates – The next chapter in “The Sorrow of Werlyt” questline will introduce Emerald Weapon.
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon – Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance at unique prizes.
- Blue Mage Update – The limited job will receive a number of new updates, including an increased level cap, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to traverse Shadowbringers dungeons without the danger of enemies in order to take screenshots. Players can also summon both mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.
- Performance Action Update – Playable instruments have been expanded to include the violin.
- Triple Triad Updates – In addition to revised match rules and UI enhancements, new limited-time tournaments will be held, which will also be available via the Duty Finder.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The fourth and final stage of the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard begins.
- “Save the Queen” Update – New 24 and 48 player large-scale battle content and the opportunity to further enhance Resistance weapons arrives in the next chapter of this multi-part adventure featuring a scenario written by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII).
- Adjustments to PvE and PvP actions, updates to Ocean Fishing and Doman Mahjong, treasure hunt dungeon updates, new UI skins, and more.
Final Fantasy XIV is now available on PS4 and PC platforms.
Updated on October 9, 2020 at 7:50pm IST – Added patch 5.4 features.