With Sony yet to announce a PS5 India release date, PS5 games have gone up for pre-order digitally on the PS Store. While an earlier listing that seemed to have been put up early, the PS Store now lists various games from Sony’s PlayStation Studios and third-party publishers like Ubisoft. We were tipped off by readers about the India PS Store listing digital games for pre-order and we have been able to confirm it alongside the digital pricing for various PS5 games. Sony already revealed the PS5 India games pricing for retail earlier when the PS5 India price was confirmed.
The digital pricing is as expected for most games with Ubisoft sticking to the same Rs. 3,999 band for its own games. The listings also confirmed that Demon’s Souls Digital Deluxe Edition is Rs. 6,899. Check out all the PS5 India game prices here. The page may not be viewable for some so I’ve attached a screenshot of the games and their pricing below. The NBA 2K21 PS5 price was already confirmed by 2K a while ago for India.
PS5 physical games prices for India
- Demon’s Souls – Rs. 4,999
- Destruction Allstars – Rs. 4,999
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition – Rs. 4,999
- Sackboy A Big Adventures – Rs. 3,999
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Rs. 3,999
PS5 India release date
Where to buy the PS5 in India
- Games The Shop: the specialist retailer has the PS5 listed for pre-order registration. Considering its parent company E-xpress works with Sony in terms of distributing and selling digital codes for the PS Store and PS Plus, it’s a safe bet that it would have stock in time for launch.
- Amazon India: the e-commerce giant has always had a decent foothold in the games space in India in terms of volumes and scale. Outside of its Xbox One launch, the company has never really delivered on day one deliveries for games. Most notoriously with FIFA 16, 17, and 18 all being delayed. Perhaps it would fare better with the PS5.
- Flipkart: the Walmart-owned company was one of the earliest proponents of online sales. However it hasn’t been as aggressive as it used to be (which is a good thing when you consider how mismanaged past efforts have been). Hopefully it handles the PS5 launch efficiently.
- ShopAtSC.com: SC is short for Sony Center, which is Sony’s retail chain with a huge offline presence. Going online is a smart move if Sony decide to leverage its Sony Centers for delivery making it a strong option for PS5 pre-orders. Interestingly, it’s the only site with full PS5 specifications which is probably accurate considering well, it’s an online Sony Center.
- Croma: the large format Indian consumer electronics retailer has put up its PS5 listingthis week. Absent from selling video games for most of the generation in any meaningful way, the reasons for this turnaround are unknown but its presence is welcome all the same.
- Reliance Digital: much like Croma, Reliance Digital hasn’t been too active in the video games space during the PS4 era. However it has the biggest footprint compared to the rest and has the PS5 listed too. Perhaps a way for Sony to broad-base PS5 pre-orders by reaching new audiences? We’ll probably know soon enough.
When will PS5 pre-orders begin in India?
Considering local import regulations is the reason given for the delay of a release date, safe to say pre-orders will begin once we have a PS5 release date.