Koei Tecmo Europe just released a major update for Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV on PS4 and PC. This update is the version 1.05 update on PS4 and version 1.0.8 update on PC via Steam. Koei Tecmo has been updating the game a fair bit ever since launch bringing in Chinese voices, new paid DLC, and much more. Today’s update brings support for 60fps gameplay on PC and adds support for the new DLC that also released today. This DLC includes the Veteran Difficulty, Ly By Campaign and Event Set, and more. The patch notes for the update have been revealed for both PS4 and PC. The update download size is 253.2MB on PS4. Watch the trailer for Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV below:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV May update patch notes
- Added functionality to “View BGM” from “Collection” on the Start Menu.
- Added functionality to change to “30 FPS” and “60 FPS” from the launcher’s “Options”.(Steam)
- Added functionality to change sound to “2.0ch” or “5.1ch” from the Start Menu’s “Options”.(Steam)
- Adjusted the AI during counterattacks.
- Adjusted the AI for strategies related to personnel.
- Adjusted the balance of Duels.
- Now, Public Order decreases when the “Placation” command fails.
- Eased the conditions for decreasing Public Order even if the “Hidden Poison” command fails.
- Added functionality to change the volume of Environmental Sounds from Options.
- Adjusted the effects that are granted when officers with the “Planner” trait execute “Plots” commands.
- Now, similar to when an alliance is dissolved, when an alliance ends, the diplomatic stance and loyalty of affiliated officers change depending on where they are positioned.
- Improved the location that is initially focused on when configuring system settings, as well as the highlighting of selected locations.（PS4）
- Improved the visibility of levels and costs within the “Administration” command.
- Changed the name of “Legend of the Galactic Heroes” collab character Cazerne’s Tactic to “Logistic Support”.
- Now, when the target of a “Division” disappears, the information of each item is correctly updated when “Delegation Policy” is updated to “Full Delegation”.
- Corrected an issue in which, if a specific procedure was performed when using the “Learn” command, unintended Tactics would become candidates for deletion.
- Corrected an issue in which, by using the “Learn” command, Tactics could be deleted for officers that did not possess 10 Tactics.
- Corrected an issue in which, the color of forces that became independent during a Historic Event would sometimes be the same color as that of an existing original force.
- Corrected the ordering of officers that have “Sworn Siblings” set under “Edit Orig. Officer”.
- Corrected an issue in which, before starting a scenario, the UI items “Scenario Settings” and “Officer Settings” were displayed outside the “Confirm Settings” screen.
- Corrected an issue in which the year and month for save data and that which appeared in-game were not consistent.
- Corrected the settings of officers for some scenarios.
- Corrected typographical errors and messages.
- Corrected an issue in which, if a specific procedure was performed when using the “March” command, officers that were removed from a list were inadvertently displayed.(Steam)
- Corrected an issue in which, the game would return to the title screen after selecting the close button immediately before ending the “Advancement Phase”.(Steam)
If you own the season pass, make sure to go to the PSN store and add the DLC to your account for free.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV is now available on PS4 and PC. Read my review of the PS4 version here.