Nintendo just released Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 8.1.0 update on Nintendo Switch that adds a free new stage and has some online improvements. The online improvements are for the 1v1 mode and more improvements are planned for the game’s online. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s online isn’t a great experience so I hope to see more improvements. This update follows the big version 8.0.0 update that brought in Min Min and more. Check out the small battlefield stage below:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate version 8.1.0 update patch notes
- The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.
- You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
- The online user experience has been adjusted.
- The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.
- Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.
- Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available on Nintendo Switch.