Following the release, Bandai Namco Entertainment and FromSoftware’s Elden Ring has just been updated to version 1.07 (in-game 1.04.1) on all platforms including PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Steam. This is the seventh update following the launch day release and update. Elden Ring’s third April update has started rolling out worldwide now. The update download size is 234.3MB on PS5 and 102.7MB on PS4. It includes game balance adjustments to Malenia, other bosses, and more. Read my Xbox Series X review here. The Elden Ring version 1.07 update patch notes are below. Note that there is likely no or very short maintenance as this is a hot fix . Watch the Elden Ring gameplay video:
Elden Ring version 1.07 update patch notes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the title screen will be App Ver. 1.04.1 and Regulation Ver. 1.04.2 for this update. The PS4 update history details are:
- Some errors in the text have been corrected.
- In addition to the above, various errors have been corrected.
Elden Ring version 1.004.001 update patch notes for PS5
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the title screen will be App Ver. 1.04.1 and Regulation Ver. 1.04.2 for this update.
Patch notes are same for PS5 and they are below.
Elden Ring version 1.04.1 update balance adjustments and full patch notes
Changes included via Bandai Namco Entertainment are below:
- Fixed a bug in which the effect duration of the Cerulean Hidden Tear was revised downward
- Fixed a bug with Malenia, Blade of Miquella in which her HP was not healed correctly in the online multiplayer environment
- Fixed a bug that caused some bosses to die at unintended times
- Fixed a bug that prevented the boss “Elden Beast” from working properly under certain circumstances
- Fixed some text
Elden Ring VRR update for PS5
As of now, a PS5-specific VRR update has not been announced. With VRR having rolled out for PS5, hopefully Elden Ring gets patched to take full advantage of it on PS5.
Bandai Namco Entertainment confirmed that ray tracing will come later on as well. Hopefully FromSoftware can focus on improving performance on consoles and PC before ray tracing because the game on PC is still not in a great state right now.
Elden Ring is out now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC worldwide. Read my review here.