Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin from Capcom launched last week worldwide on PC and Nintendo Switch alongside a day one patch. Read my Nintendo Switch review here and PC performance review here. Today, Monster Hunter Stories 2 version 1.1.0 update patch notes have been revealed for the Palamute update on Nintendo Switch and PC. The Monster Hunter Stories 2 version 1.1.0 update download size is 0.5GB for Nintendo Switch. The first free title update arrives tomorrow with the Palamute from Monster Hunter Rise arriving as a Monstie. Watch the new Monster Hunter Stories 2 launch trailer below:
Monster Hunter Stories 2 version 1.1.0 update patch notes
Main Additions / Changes
Additional Co-Op Quests
- ★5 (Explore) Palamute Den
- ★8 (Explore) Palamute Home
- ★8 (Special) Throw Me a Bone
Additional Melynx Inc. Exchange Item
- Palamute Ticket
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Some text revisions have been made.
- Some bug fixes have been made.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 update roadmap from July to October 2021
Monster Hunter Stories 2 is getting big updates introducing Kulve Taroth, deviant monsters as monsties, and a whole lot more.
- Free title update 1 – July 15: Palamute monstie
- Free title update 2 – August 5: Kulve Taroth (co-op), Hellblade Glavenus and Boltreaver Astalos monsties
- Free title update 3 – early September: Soulseer Mizutsune, Eldergrost Gammoth, and Oroshi Kirin monsties
- Free title update 4 – late September: Dreadking Rathalos and Molten Tigrex monsties, High difficulty Kulve Taroth (co-op)
- Free title update 5 – October 2021: Co-op quest exclusive high difficulty monster, Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian Monsties
Monster Hunter Stories 2 Deluxe Edition
A Monster Hunter Stories 2 Deluxe Edition with layered armor, an extra outfit, and more.
Monster Hunter Rise save data bonus in Monster Hunter Stories 2
If you have Monster Hunter Rise save data, you can unlock the layered armor Kamura Garb in Monster Hunter Stories 2.
In the run up to Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, I spoke to Ryozo Tsujimoto, Monster Hunter series producer at Capcom about the team’s approach to combat, visuals, and more for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. Read that feature here.