Nier Automata from Square Enix on Steam is finally getting patched this week with a plethora of improvements and enhancements. This will be the first major patch for the game since launching over four years ago. This update arrives following Nier Automata Become As Gods Edition which launched in Xbox Game Pass for PC with improvements and fixes that the Steam version didn’t include.Check it out on Xbox Game Pass here. Watch the trailer for it below:
Nier Automata Steam patch release date
The Nier Automata Steam patch release date is July 15. It will release at 9:30 PM IST / 9:00 AM PDT.
Nier Automata Steam patch notes
- Borderless Video Settings: Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- Fidelity FX: A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- HDR: The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Anti-aliasing: Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- UI textures (4K): Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cut scenes: The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- Global illumination: A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- Ambient occlusion/ bloom: The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.
Nier Automata is out now on PS4, Xbox One, Steam, and the Microsoft Store for PC.