Months after revealing the PS5 price of Rs. 49,990 for the disc variant and Rs. 39,990 for the digital edition, Sony India has finally announced the PS5 India release date and pre-order details. You can pre-order the PS5 from January 12, 2021 and it has a February 2, 2021 release date. In addition to this several accessories for the console will be making it to India as well. Expect quantities to be limited with online orders limited to one per customer. While Sony has not said how many PS5s would make it to India at launch, we were told by our sources that 12,000 to 15,000 units would be ideal. Though this does not seem to be the case. To put it into perspective, the PS4 launched with 4,500 units that sold out in two weeks when it released on January 6, 2014.
PS5 India accessories prices
- DualSense controller – Rs. 5,990
- HD Camera – Rs. 5,190
- Pulse 3D Wireless Headset – Rs. 8,590
- Media Remote – Rs. 2,590
- DualSense Charging Station – Rs. 2,590
PS5 games prices for India
- Demon’s Souls – Rs. 4,999
- Destruction Allstars – Rs. 4,999
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition – Rs. 4,999
- Sackboy A Big Adventures – Rs. 3,999
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Rs. 3,999
Where to buy the PS5 in India
- Games The Shop: the specialist retailer has the PS5 listed for pre-order registration. Considering its parent company E-xpress works with Sony in terms of distributing and selling digital codes for the PS Store and PS Plus, it’s a safe bet that it would have stock in time for launch.
- Amazon India: the e-commerce giant has always had a decent foothold in the games space in India in terms of volumes and scale. Outside of its Xbox One launch, the company has never really delivered on day one deliveries for games. Most notoriously with FIFA 16, 17, and 18 all being delayed. Perhaps it would fare better with the PS5.
- Flipkart: the Walmart-owned company was one of the earliest proponents of online sales. However it hasn’t been as aggressive as it used to be (which is a good thing when you consider how mismanaged past efforts have been). Hopefully it handles the PS5 launch efficiently.
- ShopAtSC.com: SC is short for Sony Center, which is Sony’s retail chain with a huge offline presence. Going online is a smart move if Sony decide to leverage its Sony Centers for delivery making it a strong option for PS5 pre-orders. Interestingly, it’s the only site with full PS5 specifications which is probably accurate considering well, it’s an online Sony Center.
- Croma: the large format Indian consumer electronics retailer was absent from selling video games for most of the generation in any meaningful way, the reasons for this turnaround are unknown but its presence is welcome all the same.
- Reliance Digital: much like Croma, Reliance Digital hasn’t been too active in the video games space during the PS4 era. However it has the biggest footprint compared to the rest and has the PS5 listed too. Perhaps a way for Sony to broad-base PS5 pre-orders by reaching new audiences? We’ll probably know soon enough.
- Vijay Sales: it’s interesting to see this mainline electronics chain on Sony’s list considering gaming has never been a priority for it. Through the PS4 and PS3 era it never did bother too much with gaming and from all the retailers here we won’t be surprised if it will be the same this time around.