Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 from Sega released last December on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. The sequel to the excellent Puyo Puyo Tetris brought additions and enhancements to the core of the original with robust online, more game modes, and other improvements. Since launch, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 got its first major update last month in the form of the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.10 update that brought in new contents, a boss raid mode, and more followed by the Puyo Puyo Tetris 1.21 update that brings in new challenge rulesets, colourblind options, new playable characters, and a lot more. Today, the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.30 update has started rolling out worldwide on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. The download size is 580.8MB on PS4. Watch the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 update trailer below:
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.30 update patch notes
- Added [Spectate] feature to the Online menu.
- Added [Super Spicy] difficulty to Boss Raid mode.
- Added support for cross-generation multiplayer between the PlayStation 4 system and the PlayStation 5 console.
- Removed [Join Friend] panel from the Online menu for the PS4 system version.
- Various contents added: 4 new playable characters, 20 new characters added for player icons, 4 new BGM tracks added to Game Settings and Customize.
- Fixed other minor issues.
According to Gematsu, this is the final free update.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is out now on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One. It will release on PC via Steam on March 23 (or 24 depending on your timezone). Read my Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Nintendo Switch review here.