Koei Tecmo Europe just released a major update for Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV on PS4 and PC. This update is the version 1.06 update on PS4 and version 1.0.9 update on PC via Steam. Koei Tecmo has been updating the game a fair bit ever since launch bringing in Chinese voices, new paid DLC, and much more. The last big update brought support for 60fps gameplay on PC and added support for the new DLC. The patch notes for the update have been revealed for both PS4 and PC. The update download size is 47.78MB on PS4. Watch the trailer for Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV below:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV June update patch notes 1.06
- Added “Officers” to “Collection”, which can be selected from the Start Menu.
- Added “Specialties” to “Collection”, which can be selected from the Start Menu.
- Made an improvement that prevents supply lines from being cut off when area colors are changed due to a historic event.
- Made an improvement that prevents free officers from moving if they are unable to move to neighboring cities.
- Adjusted the AI for strategies related to personnel.
- Improved the officer list when selecting officers to execute the Search command to make it easier to understand which base they are affiliated with.
- Improved the results message for historic events to make it easier to understand the movement of officers not depicted in the corresponding event.
- Adjusted the judgment of units when setting a Tentative Goal.
- Adjusted the AI concerned with Links between Divisions when a base is attacked.
- Removed Hou Cheng from the conditions for triggering the historic event “Flood Attack on Xiapi”, and eased the conditions for its occurrence.
- After the historic event “The Split of the Yuan Family”, the Yuan Tan Force’s color is now unified regardless of the scenario.
- Now, when placing an officer at a new city during an event, officers that are currently deployed or appointed as an overseer are less likely to be chosen.
- Now, when a unit is forced to disband due to the circumstances of an event, prisoners and other resources are no longer lost.
- Added an “Officer CG Edit Tool” to the launcher that enables players to import edited officer CG to the game.（Steam）
- Corrected an issue in which, when the historic event “The Sun Sets for the Emperor Impostor” occurred, Ji Ling would die even if he was not affiliated with the Yuan Shu Force.
- Corrected an issue in which, after the report for a Placation plot, the camera would not return to its original location.
- Corrected an issue in which, after the historic event “Battle of Yijing” occurred, forces at the Core “Yijing” and forces of affiliated cities would sometimes not be unified.
- Now, when the historic event “Battle of Yijing” is triggered, if the city “Xiangping” belongs to the Gongsun Zan Force it becomes blank.
- Corrected an issue in which, after the historic event “Flood Attack on Xiapi” occurred, overseers would remain in Cores that had become blank.
- Corrected data for the scenario “Assault on Hanzhong”.
- Corrected an issue in which the trait “Forest Warlord” could incorrectly be set in conjunction with “Nanman” and “Shanyue”.
- Corrected an issue in which, if “Voice Volume” was changed while a sample voice was being played, it would not be played at the newly set volume.
- Corrected typographical errors and messages.
- Corrected an issue in which, before beginning a scenario, tabs on the Scenario Settings screen would not loop correctly, preventing them from being switched.（PS4）
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV is now available on PS4 and PC. Read my review of the PS4 version here.