Bandai Namco Entertainment has just released the Tales of Symphonia Remastered version 1.2 update on Nintendo Switch with many fixes. The game launched in a very rough state. If you’ve not kept up with it, Tales of Symphonia Remastered, based on the PC version, released in February for Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch worldwide. The remastered on Switch in particular has been very rough. Today’s update hopefully addresses most of the issues. Watch the Tales of Symphonia Remastered gameplay trailer below:
Tales of Symphonia Remastered version 1.2 update May 2023 patch notes for Nintendo Switch
- Fixed an issue that was causing significant processing slowdowns while moving through the sandstorm area of “Triet”.
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze at the end of certain boss battles.
- Fixed an event where the screen would black out and become inoperable while navigating certain world maps and towns.
- Fixed an event where the background music would be interrupted when moving to the world map after a battle.
- Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Tales of Symphonia Remastered Chosen Edition
The Tales of Symphonia Remastered Chosen Edition includes the base game, a commemorative metalcase (not a SteelBook) and exclusive art. It is available here.
Tales of Symphonia Remastered co-op support
Tales of Symphonia Remastered supports local multiplayer couch co-op with up to three additional players.
Following today’s Tales of Symphonia Remastered Switch update, hopefully we see more fixes arrive for other consoles and also the Switch version if there are any issues remaining. I’ll be testing this update for my review covering the current state of the game in the near future. It is going to be interesting to see what else we get from the Tales of series in 2023.
Tales of Symphonia Remastered is out now worldwide for PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.