Sega recently officially revealed and recently released Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PS4. It is a PS4 console exclusive remake of Virtua Fighter 5 that has been developed by AM2 and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. This release features updated graphics, updated background music, spectating and 16 player lobbies. Read my review of it here. A new update has just gone live for Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown and this update adds an invite feature, private slots to room matches, host migration, and more. The Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown version 1.03 update download size is 1.793GB. Watch the Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown PS4 retrospective trailer below:
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown version 1.04 update patch notes
- Added Invite feature.
- Added Private Slots to Room Match.
- Host migration is now possible during an ongoing League Match or Tournament Match.
- Added options “Off”, “Only While Spectating & Before/After Match”, “Only While Spectating”, and “Always” for Stamp Display settings.
- Fixed various other issues.
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown version 1.03 update patch notes
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown version 1.03 adds one of the highly requested (even by me) features that will drastically improve playing with friends online. The patch notes for the PS4 version are below:
- Added the Room Search feature.
When you create a room, you can view the room ID and share it with friends who can directly input it when searching and join you. The following rooms will not show up even with ID search:
- Fully-occupied room including audience
- Rooms that do not meet the network restrictions
- Rooms with ongoing tournaments or league battles.
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown PS4 editions
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown for PlayStation Plus (free), Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Legendary Pack DLC ($9.99) for those who claim the PlayStation Plus version, and a complete bundle for $29.99 are out now on PS4 worldwide.
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Legendary Pack DLC
The Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Legendary Pack DLC includes the following:
This pack includes customization items, characters models, stages and music from the ground breaking original Virtua Fighter game.
- Character customization items (around 2,000 types）
- Original Virtua Fighter character models (all 38 characters)
- Character Costumes (all 19 types)
- Original Virtua Fighter stages
- Original Virtua Fighter battle UI
- Virtua Fighter series BGM/Audio (180 songs）
- Spectator stamps (all 40 types）
The original Virtua Fighter designs have been remade for this title based on the original Virtua Fighter designs. The original Virtua Fighter stages cannot be used at the online matches.https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Q1JwusTNng?feature=oembed
Is Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown coming to PC?
As of now, it is only available and announced for PS4 but the wording around the release mentions “PS4 console exclusive” which usually means a PC version is likely down the line.
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is out now worldwide on PS4. Read my review here.