Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty from Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja was revealed at the Microsoft showcase last year, and it is finally out now worldwide. The new action RPG masocore experience from Team Ninja featuring Fumihiko Yasuda (Nioh) and Masaaki Yamagiwa (Bloodborne) is available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Steam. Read my review of the game here. Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja have now released the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty version 1.03 update for PS5, PS4, and Steam. The Xbox update is delayed. Watch the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty launch trailer below:
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty version 1.03 update patch notes
The patch notes revealed by Team Ninja are below:
- Made it possible for guest players in Recruit (online multiplayer) sessions to skip cutscenes and leave the session after boss battles.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug in which the player would not be able to progress beyond the area where they encounter Zhao Yun in the main battlefield “Two Chivalrous Heroes” if the saved data from the demo version had a specific progress status and was transferred to the full version.
- Fixed a bug in which the special effects of equipment in the storehouse would be lost if the saved data from the demo version was transferred to the full version.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from re-entering the boss area of the main battlefield “Fall of the Corrupted Eunuch” if both the player and Baishe had been defeated at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from obtaining the trophy/achievement “Awakening of the Unscrupulous Hero” during online multiplayer sessions.
Note: After the update is applied, this trophy/achievement can be obtained by clearing any of the main or sub battlefields.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when hitting enemies with the attacks “Falling Leaves” and “Scattered Leaves” while using dual halberds that had been decorated.
- Fixed a bug that caused some graphics settings to be reset to the default settings each time the game was launched.
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
Steam/Microsoft Store Versions
- Improved the camera controls when using a mouse.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed white flickers that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that caused some resolutions to not be selectable in certain environments.
- Fixed a problem in which the wrong graphics card was selected to run the game in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when running the game with a certain screen resolution setting, and then applying a specific filter in Photograph mode and exiting.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty editions
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty standard edition ($59.99 / £54.99)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe Edition ($84.99 / £74.99)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty SteelBook Launch Edition ($79.99)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe Edition contents
The Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Digital Deluxe Edition includes a Season Pass that features three DLC packs. These packs are highlighted by new generals, new demons, new scenarios, new stages, new weapon types, and more. The Digital Deluxe Edition also includes a digital artbook and a digital mini soundtrack. Those who purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition will also be rewarded with the Season Pass/DDX bonus: “Qinglong Armor”.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Season Pass
The Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Season Pass has the following:
- Battle of Zhongyuan DLC
- Conqueror of Jiangdong DLC
- Upheaval in Jingxiang DLC
- Season Pass Bonus Qinglong Armor
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is out now worldwide on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC platforms including Steam. It is also available in Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.