With Ultra Instinct Goku set to arrive in Dragon Ball FighterZ beginning later tonight for pass owners and on May 22 for individual purchases, Bandai Namco Entertainment has begun rolling out the major version 1.23 update for the game. As of now, this update is live on PS4 and not on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. This update has various changes for Tournament Mode, support for new DLC, shop changes, and more. Dragon Ball FighterZ is set to get a lot more content this year with the FighterZ Pass 3 and more. Watch the Ultra Instinct Goku trailer below:
Dragon Ball FighterZ version 1.23 update patch notes
- Added data for Dragon BAll FighrerZ – FighterZ Pack 16 DLC which must be purchased and downloaded separately.
- Made improvements to the follower feature: Players can now add other players on their follow list to their favourites (up to three) and view information on players added to their favourites such as country and lobby history. This information will be displayed once players log into the game and assuming it is public.
- Made improvements to the Player Card: Players can now choose how their Player Card is displayed on the VS screen with more information added to it.
- Added a new feature to the shop: Players can now spend Zeni and Premium Z Coins to purchase a variety of new items.
- Made improvements to the preset message feature: The Player Registration category has been added and it is easier to find more frequently used expressions. Preset messages and Z Stamps can now be sent to all regions outside the current lobby as well.
- Made improvements to Tournament Mode: Reduced the minimum required number of players for FighterZ Tournaments and custom tournaments from 12 to 4. Made changes to stars obtained during preliminaries. Players will now earn stars based on how many consecutive wins they have. When time remaining for prelims is low, players will fight in very quick matches. Added new special rules.
- Made improvements to Arena Matches: Players can now select an opponent when joining an Arena Match and use special rules during matches.
- Titles can now be displayed in online matches.
- Fixed issues with fighting mechanics.
- Updated replay data version. (Replay data from older versions cannot be played)
- Improved game performance and stability.
Dragon Ball FighterZ version 1.23 update download size
The download size is 353MB on PS4. As of now the update is not live on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. It will go live soon today.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is now available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.