Nintendo has been releasing a lot of post-launch content for Animal Crossing: New Horizons through updates like the Summer Update Wave 1 and Wave 2. These updates brought in swimming, diving, new donations for the museum, and more. Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.4.0 update finally brought in in save data backups (not for transfer to another system), fireworks, and more. Today, Nintendo announced Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.5.0 which is the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall Update for 2020 with a Halloween theme. Watch the trailer for it below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.50 update patch notes
While full patch notes will only be available on September 30, the new content is below as revealed by Nintendo:
- Growing Pumpkins – Deck out your home and island for all your awesome autumnal occasions by first purchasing pumpkin starts in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once your pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Prepare for Halloween – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming to your island. With the big day just around the corner, you can start stocking up on candy early. Find your style for Halloween night by purchasing costumes, like a mage’s dress, at the Able Sisters shop during the month of October. You can even procure body paint and colored eye contacts by exchanging Nook Miles. You’ll also be able to learn Halloween DIY projects from your fellow residents. On Halloween night, your neighbors will be getting in the holiday spirit with costumes of their own.
- Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on October 31, after 5 p.m., neighbors will gather in the plaza, which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. You’ll also receive a visit from a mysterious guest, Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, you’ll earn spooky in-game rewards. Be sure to save some candy for your neighbors, too, or you might get pranked! Luckily, you can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express your feelings of fear.
- Revisiting Dreams – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, you’ll be able to easily revisit dreams from a list, making it even easier to visit some of your favorite islands.
- NookLink App Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online app on iOS or Android is also receiving an update in early October. With the update, you’ll be able to use your smart device to perform Reactions in the game. How about trying it out for this occasion to let your island visitors know exactly how you feel about their mischievous tricks and treats?
Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.5.0 releases on September 30 worldwide on Nintendo Switch. Another update is planned for November bringing in new seasonal content in Animal Crossing: New Horizons through an update that will likely be Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.6.0 update.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available on Nintendo Switch. Read my review of it here.