Death end re;Quest 2, the follow up to Death end re;Quest from Compile Heart was revealed last year for PS4. As usual, a PC version has been added for the localisation in addition to the PS4 version. Idea Factory International just released the day one patch for Death end re;Quest 2 on PS4. Death end re;Quest 2 is out next week on PC via Steam but it releases later this month on PS4 in North America, Europe, India, and more. The Death end re;Quest 2 version 1.01 update is an 808MB download on PS4 and it includes fixes for sound files missing, episode chart formatting, text issues, quest objectives, and more. Watch the trailer for Death end re;Quest 2 below:
Death end re;Quest 2 version 1.01 update patch notes
- Re-implemented missing sound files and duplicates.
- Reports of missing sounds occur when the Death end re;Quest 1 characters are introduced in the game. Several voice lines in different points of the game were also readjusted.
- Episode Chart text properly formatted and adjusted to fit within the text box.
- In one instance, some may notice the letters “d” and “Ch” floating on the text box after the EX ending. This issue has been fixed.
- Re-formatted text displaying status effects and support skills, which have been edited for clarity.
- There are some instances where text would randomly line break halfway between a word.
- Adjusted Quest Objective text to ensure no cut-off in Objective menu.
- Text has been slightly adjusted, so text overflow would not occur.
- Adjusted all locations for consistency.
- Certain areas (i.e. business district is now changed to shopping district), are updated or shortened to clarity.
- Minor text and grammar fixes for clarity.
Death end re;Quest 2 is available on August 18 for PC via Steam. It releases on August 25 in North America and August 28 in Europe, India, and more for PS4.