Update: Added PS4 update history for Elden Ring version 1.02 update and official Bandai Namco patch details.
Ahead of release, Bandai Namco Entertainment and FromSoftware’s Elden Ring has just been updated to version 1.02 on PS4. The patch has also gone live on PS5 and Xbox platforms with varying download sizes. This is the Elden Ring day one patch that follows Elden Ring version 1.01 that went live recently. If you missed the Steam PC requirements, read this. The Elden Ring day one patch download size is 1.86GB on Xbox. The download size on other platforms varies between around 200MB and 1GB. The Elden Ring day one patch notes are below. Watch the Elden Ring gameplay video below:
Elden Ring version 1.02 update patch notes
- The PS4 update history is: Some errors in the text have been corrected. In addition to the above, various other errors have been corrected.
Bandai Namco Entertainment confirmed that ray tracing will come later on. The official patch notes are below:
- Improved player controls
- Addition and adjustment of BGM
- Text adjustments
- Balance adjustments
- NPC event fixes and adjustments
- Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions
- Fixed text bug in some languages
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Xbox wireless headset from working properly
Elden Ring version 1.01 update patch notes
- Several functions have been added
- Game performance and usability have been improved
- Game balance has been adjusted
- In addition to the above, various errors have been corrected.
If you pre-loaded Elden Ring on console, try and manually force check an update so you have it downloaded before the game unlocks.
Elden Ring releases on February 25, 2022 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC worldwide.