Bandai Namco Entertainment and FromSoftware’s Elden Ring was just updated to version 1.11 (in-game 1.08) on all platforms including PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Steam. This is the 11th update following the launch day release and update. The Elden Ring Colosseum update download size is 4.669GB on PS4, 1.242GB on PS5, and 1.6GB on Steam. Read my Xbox Series X review of the original game here. The Elden Ring Colosseum update includes the Colosseums of Limgrave, Leyndell and Caelid allowing players to engage in battles such as duels, free-for-alls, and team fights. The Elden Ring version 1.11 update patch notes are below. Watch the Elden Ring Colosseum update gameplay video below:
Elden Ring version 1.11 update patch notes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the title screen will be App Ver. 1.08 and Regulation Ver. 1.08 for this update. The PS4 update history details are:
Added additional hairstyle selections.
Added Colosseum content.
Game performance and usability have been improved.
Game balance has been adjusted.
In addition to the above, various errors have been corrected.
Full balance adjustments are below.
Elden Ring version 1.008.000 update patch notes for PS5
Major new features
- The Colosseums of Limgrave, Caelid and Leyndell are now open.
- In these arenas, players can engage in a variety of combat trials: one-on-one duels, free-for-alls & team battles up to six players, and special fights with spirit summoning enabled.
- New hairstyles for character creation have been added. These are also available during character edition by using the Round Table Hold Clouded Mirror Stand.
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
The adjustments in this section do not affect single-player or cooperative play.
- Reduced thrusting weapons counterattack damage.
- Reduced guard efficiency when attacking with your shield up for some weapon types.
- The poise damage of the following weapons have been reduced (Weapon Arts poise damage remains unchanged):
- Straight Swords / Thrusting Swords / Heavy Thrusting Swords / Curved Swords / Axes / Spears / Twinblade Swords / Katanas
- Reduced the poise damage of the Incantation Bestial Sling.
- Reduced the power of the Spell Carian Slicer.
General balance adjustments
- Increased the speed and distance of some attacks and reduced the recovery time for the following weapons:
- Daggers / Axes / Hammers / Flails (dual wielded)
- Increased the speed of some attacks and reduced the recovery time for the following weapons:
- Twinblade (two-handed) / Reaper / Fist / Claw
- Slightly increased the speed of crouching and rolling attacks of Colossal Swords.
- Increased the stagger damage of Axes’ guard counters.
- Increased poise when attacking with two-handed Hammers.
- Increased poise damage of Claws. Weapon Arts remain unchanged.
- Increased poise value during the active part of the Stamp (Upward Cut / Sweep) Weapon Art.
- Increased poise damage of the weapon slash part of the Transient Moonlight Weapon Art, and reduced the poise damage of the magic wave.
- Reduced the speed Thrusting Swords and Heavy Thrusting Swords crouching attacks.
- Reduced the stagger caused by double-handed Heavy Thrusting Swords jumping attacks.
- Reduced poise damage of Hammers, Great Hammers, and some Colossal Weapons. Weapon Arts remain unchanged.
- Reduced the poise damage of the Cragblade Weapon Art.
- Reduced hitbox duration of the flame portion of the Flaming Strike Weapon Art.
- Reduced poise damage of the Flame of the Redmanes Weapon Art.
- Reduced the time it takes to activate the guard part of the Shield Bash Weapon Art.
- Reduced the poise damage of the Gravity Bolt Weapon Art.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented consumable items from being replenished when teleporting to a grace from the map.
- Fixed a bug where stamina would replenish when switching to a crouching position while running.
- Fixed a bug where Spell, Incantation, and item input actions were ignored while guarding against attacks.
- Fixed incorrect physical attack values of some attacks of the Serpent-Hunter weapon.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the follow-up attack from occurring when the Black Sword Incantation was activated with a Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug where the attack power of the right hand weapon was sometimes applied when casting the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation with a two-handed Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple damage instances when certain Spells and Incantations were casted while jumping.
- Fixed a bug that caused Weapon Arts to be incorrectly used with specific combinations of weapon and Weapon Arts.
Elden Ring VRR update for PS5
As of now, a PS5-specific VRR update has not been announced. With VRR having rolled out for PS5, hopefully Elden Ring gets patched to take full advantage of it on PS5.
Bandai Namco Entertainment confirmed that ray tracing will come later on as well. It looks like we might get it sooner than later going by Lance McDonald’s Tweet.
Elden Ring is out now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC worldwide. Read my review here.