Square Enix’s upcoming PS5 Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy XVI, just got its October trailer showcasing summons, different kingdoms, gorgeous visuals, and more. The trailer also has some combat, but the real news is that the game is still slated for summer 2023 on PS5. Many speculated it might be delayed again. Final Fantasy XVI was announced for PS5 and since then, we’ve learned a bit about the world and characters. Watch the new Final Fantasy XVI new Ambition story trailer below:
Final Fantasy XVI core development team
- Producer – Naoki Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, DRAGON QUEST X, DRAGON QUEST: Monster Battle Road)
- Main Director – Hiroshi Takai (FINAL FANTASY V, SaGa Frontier, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Creative Director & Original Screenplay – Kazutoyo Maehiro (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, THE LAST REMNANT)
- Localization Director – Michael-Christopher Koji Fox (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY VII Dirge of Cerberus)
- Art Director – Hiroshi Minagawa (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XII, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS)
- Combat Director – Ryota Suzuki (DEVIL MAY CRY 5, Dragon’s Dogma and MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 (All published by CAPCOM))
- Character Design – Kazuya Takahashi (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, FINAL FANTASY XI Online, FINAL FANTASY X)
- Composer – Masayoshi Soken (FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, Nanashi no Game series, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Published by Nintendo)
Alongside the Final Fantasy XVI new Ambition story trailer, new screenshots have been released officially, and it continues to look amazing in the trailer. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for a release date.
Final Fantasy XVI releases in summer 2023 for PS5.