Monster Hunter Rise from Capcom is out now worldwide on Nintendo Switch and it is one of the best games you can play on Nintendo’s hybrid system. Read my review here. Following the Monster Hunter Rise version 3.0.0 event showcase, Capcom previously detailed the full Monster Hunter Rise update roadmap including the first collaboration quest. Monster Hunter Rise version 3.1 then released in late June followed by the update that added in the Okami collaboration last month. Today, Capcom announced a new collaboration and revealed Monster Hunter Rise version 3.3.1 update. Watch the Monster Hunter Rise Street Fighter collaboration trailer below:
Monster Hunter Rise version 3.3.1 update patch notes
The full Monster Hunter Rise version 3.3.1 update patch notes for the August 26 update are below:
Main Additions / Changes
- New Event Quests will be available every week.
- New DLC can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the vents that can be activated during the “Arena 06” quest to appear in random places rather than fixed locations.
- Fixed a bug causing Almudron’s mud to be displayed at an angle in relation to the ground.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing the player from being able to launch Somnacanth or Bishaten into a wall after Wyvern Riding if they’re minimum size.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to get poisoned if they get hit by Bishaten’s wings during its pounce attack if it’s holding a Parafruit with its tail.
- Changed the monster sizes for certain quests.
Affected monsters: Aknosom, Bishaten, Rajang, Teostra, Apex Mizutsune, Apex Rathalos, Apex Zinogre, Crimson Glow Valstrax
- Fixed a bug causing an error to occur if the connection is lost or if the player departs on a quest when a Buddy performs a combo or support action.
- Fixed a bug preventing the cursor from speeding up when increasing the values for the size or position of certain body parts when changing Advanced Settings on the Character Edit screen.
- Fixed a bug causing the “Twin Ponytails” hairstyle to clip through the Lagombi Helm and the Rathalos Helm.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the appearance of the player character’s wrists to look unnatural when equipping the Floral Sleeves.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the player’s Palamute to freeze temporarily when performing a combo in sync with the player’s attacks if it has the Large Shuriken equipped.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing Large Barrel Bombs to explode immediately after being placed.
- Fixed a bug in the amount of Spirit Gauge consumed when comboing from the long sword’s Spirit Step Slash into a Spirit Blade attack (Spirit Blade III or Dividing Slash).
- Fixed a bug causing the game to wait for input after pressing the button to perform the long sword’s Iai Spirit Slash.
- Reduced the frequency of the long sword’s Iai Spirit Slash’s follow-up attacks hitting Magnamalo’s torso despite the player attacking its forelegs.
- Fixed a bug causing the damage of other attacks to decrease after landing a certain number of consecutive hits with the dual blades’ Heavenly Blade Dance.
- Fixed a bug preventing the 5th melody effect from being displayed in the log when activating 5 of the hunting horn’s melody effects at once.
- Fixed a bug causing the gunlance’s Shelling to hit areas outside of the direction the player is facing if they perform the action while moving.
- Fixed a bug preventing directional input from being registered when using the gunlance’s Ground Splitter after a certain number of actions.
- Fixed a bug causing Auto Shoutouts to appear for only one player when hitting multiple players at once with support ammo (Demon Ammo/Armor Ammo/Recover Ammo)
- Fixed a bug preventing Bubbly Dance Level 3 from inflicting bubbleblight when the player performs an attack immediately after dodging with the bow.
- Fixed a bug causing collected Sun Goddess Pictures to remain on screen if another player collects them during the loading screen when you join the “Rising Sun!?” event quest while it’s already in progress.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Monster Hunter Rise roadmap for August 2021 and Fall 2021
There are two more Capcom collaborations planned as shown in the roadmap below:
Monster Hunter Rise version 3.3.1 update download size
The Monster Hunter Rise version 3.3.1 download size will be revealed tomorrow.
I previously spoke to Yasunori Ichinose at Capcom about Monster Hunter Rise’s returning monsters and more. Read the full interview here. I also spoke to Ryozo Tsujimoto about Monster Hunter Stories 2 and how it can be enjoyed by newcomers. Read that interview here.
Monster Hunter Rise is out now on Nintendo Switch. It releases in 2022 for PC via Steam.
Updated on August 27, 2021 at 8:45 AM – Added more information.