Monster Hunter Rise from Capcom released earlier this year worldwide on Nintendo Switch and it is one of the best games you can play on Nintendo’s hybrid system. Read my review here. Following the Monster Hunter Rise version 3.0.0 event showcase and update release, we’ve not had any big content updates for the game. At the recently aired Nintendo Direct, Capcom revealed a brand new expansion for the game in the form of Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak adds new monsters, locales, quests, a new quest rank, gameplay elements, and more. This will be the Iceborne / Master Rank / G Rank / Ultimate equivalent for Monster Hunter Rise. Capcom just released version 3.4.1 for Monster Hunter Rise on Nintendo Switch following the TGS 2021 presentation. Watch the Monster Hunter presentation from TGS 2021 below:
Monster Hunter Rise version 3.4.1 update patch notes
Main Additions / Changes
- New Event Quests will be available every week.
Bug Fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing Apex Diablos to behave unnaturally when it attacks by swinging its horns several times in a row.
- Fixed a bug causing monsters to enter a “lured” state when the player uses a Wailnard on them while they’re asleep.
- Fixed a bug preventing Narwa’s thunder rings from disappearing if her health drops below a certain point while the rings are being spawned.
- Fixed a bug causing Teostra to be downed without going through a falling animation if the player uses a Flash Bomb while Teostra is breathing fire in mid-air.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing some monsters to face the complete opposite direction when trying to turn towards the player.
- Fixed a bug causing a discrepancy between the player’s equipped weapon type and their equipment info, if the player changes their weapon type right before the return timer runs out after finishing a quest.
- Fixed a bug causing the tired running animation to be cancelled if the player uses or gathers an item during this animation.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to slip after landing, if they cancel the dual blades’ Demon Mode in mid-air, or if they land on a slope after charging the hammer in mid-air.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash if the player joins an in-progress Rampage quest with specific timing.
- Fixed a bug in multiplayer occasionally causing a monster’s mountable state to be shortened depending on the kind of attack it got hit with right before going into said state.
- Fixed a bug causing some hairstyles to clip into the player character’s face while moving.
- Fixed a bug causing the “Bob with Hairband” hairstyle to clip through certain types of head gear.
- Fixed a bug causing punching sound effects to be played when landing hits with the dual blades’ Piercing Bind while wearing the “Akuma” layered armor.
- Fixed a bug causing a difference in the player character’s facial expression when using the “Shadow Box” gesture, depending on whether they’re in the village or in the Training Area/on a quest.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from smoothly throwing a second kunai when using the Radial Menu to throw kunai.
- Fixed a bug causing the increased power of the great sword’s Rage Slash to carry over to other attacks if the player is damaged while performing the action.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect transition timing when comboing from the dual blades’ Right Roundslash in Feral Demon Mode, or the Rising Slash in Demon Mode into the Shrouded Vault.
- Fixed a bug when trying to exit Demon Mode after performing the dual blades’ Shrouded Vault in Demon Mode.
- For the lance’s Twin Vine, the dual blades’ Piercing Bind, and the horn’s Earthshaker, a bug has been fixed causing the silk of these Silkbind attacks to disappear from the screen indefinitely if the player and the silk temporarily go off-camera while performing the move.
- Fixed a bug causing the attack animation of the hammer’s Impact Crater to be cancelled if the player falls off a ledge right after landing on the ground.
- Fixed a bug causing the switch axe’s Zero Sum Discharge Finisher to finish before all hits have registered if the attack coincides with a hit stop (the moment the player character briefly freezes when landing a hit).
- Fixed a bug causing the charge blade’s Midair Amped (or Super) Element Discharge to be cancelled after performing the Axe Hopper, if the player falls off a ledge right after landing on the ground.
- Fixed a mistake in the time frame during which the player can combo from the charge blade’s Forward Dodge (in Sword mode) into the Charge.
- If the player launched a Kinsect towards a monster that is moving away from the player, the Kinsect would stop at the position of the monster at the moment the Kinsect was launched. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the voice of another player to be played when sending an Auto Shoutout to all Lobby members in multiplayer.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Monster Hunter Rise is out now on Nintendo Switch. It releases on January 12, 2022 for Steam. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak releases in Summer 2022 for Nintendo Switch and PC.