With the Nintendo Switch Lite release date of September 20 internationally and September 25 in India, Nintendo has made a new Nintendo Switch update available. Dubbed as version 9.0.0 it brings a new feature to the yet to be released handheld as well as some additional functionality to the original Nintendo Switch as well as the one with improved battery life. The Switch Lite has an option to prevent the system from getting input from its buttons (except Capture and Home) to allow for smoother play with wirelessly paired controllers like the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. For all Switch systems, there’s an option to check-in to your Nintendo Switch account using QR codes and an alarm feature that only specific games will make use of. We won’t be surprised to see Animal Crossing: New Horizons being one such title. The full patch notes are as follows:
Nintendo Switch update 9.0 patch notes
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time). A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.