Today, Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo released the Nioh 2 version 1.27 update on Steam last week and on PS4 and PS5 today. This update follows the major Nioh 2 Steam update version 1.26 that brought in DLSS support and more. Today’s Nioh 2 version 1.27 update is a 32MB download on PC and it finally brings in keyboard and mouse control button prompts as an option. Barring that, the update also looks to resolve more issues relating to the effects quality related frame drops. On PS4 and PS5, Nioh 2 version 1.27 update brings in a wealth of bug fixes. Watch the Nioh 2 PC launch trailer below:
Nioh 2 version 1.27 update patch notes for PS4 and PS5
Fixes various bugs.
The full Japanese patch notes are here.
Nioh 2 version 1.27 update patch notes for Steam
Barring keyboard and mouse button prompt display options, the update has fixes for shadows in cut-scenes, effect quality related fixes to performance, fog brightness issues, fixes for some resolutions, and more. The full English patch notes are below:
- Added support for keyboard & mouse input icons: This setting can be switched via “System” ⇒ “Keyboard & Mouse Settings” ⇒ “Control Icons”
- Fixed an issue which prevented Burst Counters from being used against certain enemies’ Burst Attacks when “Frame Rate Cap” was set to 120.
- Further improvements have been made to address the issue of frame rate degradation when “Effect Quality” is set to “High” in “Graphics Settings”.
- Shadows are now enabled in cutscenes even when the “Shadows” setting in “Graphics Settings” is set to “OFF”.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the fog in stages to appear brighter than expected.
- The screen resolution of 1366×768 can now be selected when the desktop resolution is 1360×768.
- Changed the settings in “Keyboard & Mouse Settings” ⇒ “Key Configuration” for camera operation via mouse in “Photo mode”.
- Fixed an issue where some effects would not display in the cutscene, “A Summons to War”.
- Fixed an issue that occurred with facial expressions while using the “Dragon Ninja” Transformation.
- The window menu is no longer included in the image data copied to the clipboard when posting character creation settings on Twitter.
- Other minor bug fixes.
How to enable keyboard and mouse button prompt icons in Nioh 2 on Steam:
You can switch this under System, Keyboard and mouse settings, and Control Icons by selecting keyboard and mouse.
Nioh 2 is now available on PS5, PS4, and PC via Steam. Read my Nioh 2 PC review here.
Updated on March 8, 2021 at 1:34 PM – Added PS4 and PS5 patch details.