Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 from Sega released last December on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. The sequel to the excellent Puyo Puyo Tetris brought additions and enhancements to the core of the original with robust online, more game modes, and other improvements. Since launch, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 got its first major update last month in the form of the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.10 update that brought in new contents, a boss raid mode, and more followed by the Puyo Puyo Tetris 1.21 update that added in new challenge rulesets, colourblind options, new playable characters, and a lot more. The last major update added in a spectate mode, cross-generation multiplayer for PlayStation systems, and more with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.31. Today, the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.31 update has started rolling out worldwide. As of now, it has rolled out on PlayStation platforms. Watch the Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 launch trailer below:
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.31 update patch notes
- Tweaked balancing in rules for Skill Battle.
- Fixed some other minor issues.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 version 1.30 update patch notes
- Added [Spectate] feature to the Online menu.
- Added [Super Spicy] difficulty to Boss Raid mode.
- Added support for cross-generation multiplayer between the PlayStation 4 system and the PlayStation 5 console.
- Removed [Join Friend] panel from the Online menu for the PS4 system version.
- Various contents added: 4 new playable characters, 20 new characters added for player icons, 4 new BGM tracks added to Game Settings and Customize.
- Fixed other minor issues.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is out now on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One. It will release on PC via Steam beginning today (or tomorrow depending on your timezone). Read my Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 Nintendo Switch review here.