The latest running entry in the long-running River City franchise, River City Girls, has been announced. This time around, development duties are handled by Shantae creator WayForward Technologies with Arc System Works playing a supervisory role. River City Girls has Kyoko and Misako, two high-schoolers who must fight their way through the six regions of River City to rescue their kidnapped boyfriends, Kunio and Riki, who were the stars of past instalments in the series. Like previous games, River City Girls gameplay will be full of combos, counters, throws, and special attacks.
River City Girls release date
WayForward has revealed that River City Girls release date is September 5, 2019.
River City Girls price
River City Girls will be available digitally via the Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Store, Xbox Live, Steam, GOG, and Humble Bundle at the price of $29.99 (around Rs. 2,100), while a physical version will also be available from Limited Run Games (price and release date are yet to be revealed).
River City Girls features
- Stunning pixel-art graphics plus anime and manga cutscenes.
- Fantastic soundtrack featuring NateWantsToBattle, Chipzel, Christina Vee, and Megan McDuffee.
- Six large city regions to fight through, complete with shops and side quests.
- Loads of weapons, items, and abilities to power-up your heroines.
- Guest appearances by classic River City characters.
River City Girls trailer
You can check out the trailer right below.
Like we mentioned above, River City Girls is out on September 5 for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC.