Soul Hackers 2 from Atlus is now available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC platforms globally. Read my PS5 review here and PC port impressions including Steam Deck performance here. If you’ve not gotten the game yet and are curious about the DLC, read my detailed feature here. Atlus just released the Soul Hackers 2 version 1.02 update on all platforms bringing in turbo mode for battles, a dash movement speed option for Ringo, improvements to fast travel, enemy spawn rate changes, and more. Watch the Soul Hackers 2 trailer below:
Soul Hackers 2 version 1.02 update patch notes
Newly added functions:
■ Dash function
A “Dash” function has been added to Ringo’s movement.
The user can toggle between “Normal” and “Dash” at will. While in Dash Mode, Ringo’s walking and slashing speeds will increase.
Due to the addition of the dash function, the effect of the Summoner Skill “Assassin’s Steps” has been changed to: “For a given distance, enemies will ignore Ringo.”
■ Fast Battle Mode
A “Speed Up” mode has been added to battles. Players may freely toggle between normal and high-speed combat.
- Adjusted how long loading-screen tips are shown.
- Changed the flow of on-screen prompts during soul level increase to reduce the risk of incorrect input from accidental button presses.
- Added the ability to teleport directly to shops from the City Map.
- Adjusted enemy spawn rate in dungeons.
- Adjusted skill inheritance rates during demon fusion.
- Other minor changes.
■ Other changes
- Added four new demons: Pixie (Soul Hackers Ver.), Neko Shogun, Aitvaras, and Isis.
Check out some short clips from the update here.
If you’ve not kept up with the game so far, read my detailed Soul Hackers 2 DLC guide covering all the editions and DLC here. The game has an amazing soundtrack which is being released this October as well. It is going to be interesting to see how the game is supported with post-launch updates, and whether it gets any additional story DLC beyond what is already announced.
Soul Hackers 2 is out now for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Check out the official website here.