Nintendo announced Super Mario Maker 2 for Nintendo Switch will be getting a major update adding new content and modes for free including something special for fans of The Legend of Zelda series. The highlight for the version 2.0.0 update is the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda which changes how you play a level and is going to make user created levels even more creative. The update has just gone live on Nintendo Switch. Watch the trailer for it below:
Super Mario Maker 2 version 2.0.0 update patch notes
New course parts have been added.
- Each new part can be used in the following game styles as shown below
- Select the Master Sword by first placing a Super Mushroom, then changing its type from the options available.
- Select the Frozen Coin by first placing a Coin, then changing its type from the options available.
- The Ninji Speedruns mode has been added.
- New conditions have been added to Detailed Search when searching for courses.
- Multiplayer Versus courses can now be displayed in order of popularity.
- Course searches can now be further refined by applying the “Date Uploaded” condition.
- Course searches can now be further refined by applying the “Number of Plays” condition.
- The number of likes a maker has received will now be displayed in the Overview section of their Maker Profile.
- Makers are now less likely to lose Maker Points when uploading a new course.
- As part of this change, Maker Points may revert to their value prior to installing this update.
- Issues have been fixed to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Super Mario Maker 2 is now available on Nintendo Switch.