Square Enix just revealed a plethora of information about the upcoming Theatrhythm Final Bar Line for PS4 and Nintendo Switch. The new Theathrythm Final Bar Line game modes, story quests, hundreds of songs, and more when it launches in February 2023. The new announcement on the official website details a wealth of what players can expect in the game. If you’ve not kept up with it, Theatrhythm Final Bar Line was announced in the recent Nintendo Direct. Watch the Theatrhythm Final Bar Line trailer below:
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line gameplay basics
As you play, different circles will move across the screen. The red, yellow, and green circles are called “Triggers”. When Triggers overlap with the white circles to the right of the screen – called “Trigger Marks” – you must make a well-timed move with a button or stick. Each Trigger requires a different input:
- Touch Trigger (red circle): Press a button.
- Slide Trigger (yellow circle with arrow): Move the analogue stick in the direction of the arrow. If there are two arrows, you’ll have to use two sticks!
- Hold Trigger (green circle and green line): Hold a button for the duration of the trigger and let go at the end.
- Hold-Slide Trigger (green circle and line with arrow at the end):Hold a button for the duration of the trigger, and move the stick in the direction of the arrow at the end.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line difficulty levels
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line has Basic, Expert or Ultimate difficulty options. Approximately a third of songs also have access to a fourth difficulty level: Supreme meant for hardcore rhythm game players.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line Music Stage types
Different songs will play in different ways, with three Music Stages. They are:
BMS: Battle Music Stage
With BMS stages, you’ll defeat waves of enemies in time with up-tempo battle music.
FMS: Field Music Stage
In these stages, you’ll journey forth with your party with relaxing field music.
EMS: Event Music Stages
In these stages, you’ll play to the beat against a backdrop of unforgettable scenes from each game.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line game modes
Series Quests: Advance through a total of 29 titles, clearing quests and unlocking characters and playable songs. The game modes detailed by Square Enix are below:
- Music Stages: Play the music you’ve acquired to your heart’s content and attempt to get a high score! You can also play with Simple Style controls, which use only a single button, or Pair Style, which lets you play with two players on one screen.
- Multi Battle: Up to four players can face off in online multiplayer matches.
- Museum: Peruse and enjoy the music, videos, and various collections you’ve acquired. You can also check detailed play records.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line Series Quests to collect characters and songs
This mode is all-new for THEATRHYTHM BAR LINE – start here to collect songs and characters.
Series Quests let you relive a total of 29 past titles and unlock their songs as you go.
When you unlock a new title, you’ll also unlock its associated characters. You can also obtain enemy characters by clearing all the stages.
You’ll advance through a map by clearing each song’s stage. But there’s more to it than that. Each song has its own quest, such as “Defeat 10 Bombs,” to test your party formation skills. Songs cleared in this mode are unlocked to play in Music Stages.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line songs list
While the full list hasn’t been revealed, there are many songs listed on this page across the game’s editions, DLC, and more.
As we get closer to launch in February, it is going to be interesting to see more songs and potentially details about the Theatrhythm Final Bar Line game modes revealed.
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line releases on February 16, 2023 for PS4 and Nintendo Switch worldwide.