Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream from Koei Tecmo and Gust is finally here. It is the series‘ first worldwide simultaneous release on multiple platforms and a fantastic entry. Check out my review and Switch port review of it. Today, the version 1.0.4 update has gone live following last week’s 1.02 and 1.0.3 updates on Nintendo Switch alongside the version 1.04 updates on PS4 (and PS5). The download size is about 92MB on PS4. This update adds a new boss rush mode, accessories for Plachta and more.
Atelier Sophie 2 version 1.0.4 update patch notes (1.04 on PS4)
- Added the Boss Rush Battle mode.
- Added Plachta’s “Nature Goddess’s Bouquets” & “Geometric Pom-Poms” accessories.
- You can now change the BGM.
- After applying this update, you will be able to select “BGM” from the desk in your atelier.
- You can change the in-game BGM used in specific scenes to some other tracks in Atelier Sophie 2.
- Improved compatibility with the new DLC.
- Fixed display issues.
- Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.
If you’ve been interested in the Atelier series but don’t know where to start, read this. Atelier Sophie 2 is a fantastic new entry in the series and I can’t wait to see how it evolves with more updates and DLC.
Atelier Sophie 2 is out now on PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam worldwide.