Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions from Bandai Namco Entertainment released last year on PS4, Nintendo Switch. and PC via Steam. It is one of the better anime games in recent years and well worth your time. Read my review of the PS4 Pro version here. After previously releasing a free demo on PS4 and Nintendo Switch, Bandai Namco Entertainment added in Event Matches in version 1.11 and new DLC in the Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions version 1.20 update and more. Today, Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions version 1.41 has gone live and it is a 3.583GB download on PS4. This update adds new story content, freestyle matches, support for DLC episodes, new players, and more. Watch the Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions DLC 3 and update trailer below:
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions version 1.41 update patch notes
- The new Hirado MS Route has been added to [EPISODE: NEW HERO].
- You can now play Freestyle Matches, a new mode where the pitch goes digital and items offer a whole new level of strategy.
- DLC [EPISODE: RISING STARS] has been added. By completing the DLC story, you gain access to a player with different skills for each story. * DLC must be purchased separately and downloaded to use.
- Play Assistance, a feature that provides support with the UI as well as controls for actions during matches has been added.
- A SHOP option has been added to the Main Menu.
- Items associated with Freestyle Matches have been added to the PP SHOP and CC SHOP.
- A delay system for actions during online matches has been added and the communication system has been updated.
- To improve connectivity, the animation for Critical Defense for all tackle moves have been changed.
- An antenna showing the strength of the network connection with your opponent has been added to the online pre-match screen.
- During online matchmaking, you will no longer be matched with an opponent whose network connection is extremely poor.
- In Division Matches, the maximum number of usable Custom Players can now change.
- In Division Matches, player skills and moves are now unlocked for customization from the start.
- Some Shot Moves were coming out a distance away from where they were activated. They will now be shot from where they were activated.
- The range of detection for all Block Moves at the time of activation has been changed from a cone to a circle.
- The descriptions and effects of some Moves/Skills have been adjusted.
- Stability improvements have been made.
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions demo download links
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions is out now on PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. Read my review of the PS4 version here.