Updated on February 27, 2022 – Added PS5 update details.
Following the release, Bandai Namco Entertainment and FromSoftware’s Elden Ring has just been updated to version 1.02.1 on Steam. This is the first update following the launch day release and update. The patch has started rolling out for other platforms including PS5, PS4, and Xbox platforms as well following the PC release. On PS5, it should arrive for you as 1.002.001. If you missed the Steam PC requirements, read this. The Elden Ring version 1.02.1 update patch notes are below. Watch the Elden Ring gameplay video:
Elden Ring version 1.02.1 update patch notes for Steam
- Start-up issues related to Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) have been improved.
- Mouse operation improved.
- Reduced number of files needed to load when entering a new area.
The official announcement is here.
Elden Ring version 1.002.001 update patch notes for PS5
- Fixed a bug that caused certain unexpected game closures.
The official announcement for PS5 is here.
Elden Ring version 1.02 update patch notes
- The PS4 update history is: Some errors in the text have been corrected. In addition to the above, various other errors have been corrected.
Bandai Namco Entertainment confirmed that ray tracing will come later on. The official patch notes are below:
- Improved player controls
- Addition and adjustment of BGM
- Text adjustments
- Balance adjustments
- NPC event fixes and adjustments
- Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions
- Fixed text bug in some languages
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Xbox wireless headset from working properly
Elden Ring version 1.01 update patch notes
- Several functions have been added
- Game performance and usability have been improved
- Game balance has been adjusted
- In addition to the above, various errors have been corrected.
If you pre-loaded Elden Ring on console, try and manually force check an update so you have it downloaded before the game unlocks.
Elden Ring releases on February 25, 2022 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC worldwide.