After selling out on release day, Ghost of Tsushima was recently restocked before it sold out once again. Sony’s last big PS4 exclusive is an excellent game with a brilliant photo mode. Today, Sucker Punch has posted about the first big update for the game. The Ghost of Tsushima version 1.05 update will release later today (or tomorrow depending on your timezone) bringing in a new difficulty level, combat changes for those looking for less of a challenge, and more. Watch the newest trailer for Ghost of Tsushima below:
Ghost of Tsushima version 1.05 update patch notes
New difficulty level: Lethal
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
- Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.
Ghost of Tsushima is now available on PS4. Read our review here.