GT Sport’s version 1.63 update has launched on PS4 and PS4 Pro worldwide. The download size for this update is 176.8MB. While many past updates have been bringing in new cars and tracks in addition to GT League rounds, today’s update brings adjustments to Penalties and the Sports Mode among other changes. If you’ve not kept up with GT Sport recently, check out the last few updates here and here. Polyphony Digital has been updating GT Sport constantly since launch and the game right now is very polished and content packed. Today’s update is the first update in a few months following 1.62. Yesterday, Sony and Polyphony Digital announced a Gran Turismo 7 release date delay. Read about that here.
Gran Turismo Sport version 1.63 update February 2021 patch notes
Main Features Implemented
- Addressed an issue where minor collisions resulted in penalties.
- Adjusted an algorithm to decrease the number of penalties issued when the internet connection environment is poor.
2. Sport Mode
- The number of regions for the Manufacturer Series has been changed from five to three. The regions now consist of the Europe/Middle East/Africa; the Americas, and Asia-Oceania. The Nations Cup will continue to be hosted in five regions. For more detail, visit Manufacturer Series Matchmaking Update Notice.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– Recalculated the time loss for pitstops on various tracks.
– Adjusted the point of full brake application for the Logitech G923 Racing Wheel set.
– Various other issues have been addressed.
Gran Turismo Sport is out now on PS4.