Last week, SNK revealed the Samurai Shodown version 2.1.0 update patch notes ahead of its release on all platforms which was to coincide with the Xbox Series X|S version. Samurai Shodown debuted on PS4 and Xbox One before seeing Nintendo Switch and PC releases later on and the last major update brought Gongsun Li from Tencent’s Honor of Kings. Read about that here. Today, Cham Cham arrives in Samurai Shodown with the Samurai Shodown version 2.1.0 update that adds the Guard Crash function and more. The Xbox Series X|S version is free for existing owners through Smart Delivery. Watch the Samurai Shodown Xbox Series X|S trailer below:
Samurai Shodown version 2.1.0 update patch notes
- Added DLC character: Cham Cham will release the same day this update goes live.
- Added the Guard Crush function: An internal Guard Crush meter increases whenever an opponent blocks regular and special attacks. The opponent will be able to be Guard Crushed once they turn red. Landing a standing heavy slash during this phase will perform a Guard Crush. Just Defending an opponent’s attack will not reduce one’s internal Guard Crush meter. Also, Just Defending can prevent one from being Guard Crushed when glowing red.
- Weapons can now be picked up even if scrolled off screen: Press the button to pick up your weapon while touching the edge of the screen where the weapon previously was to pick it up.
Check out the full Samurai Shodown version 2.1.0 update balance adjustments for character here.
Samurai Shodown version 2.10 update PS4 patch notes
- Playable DLC characters have been added.
- Character balance adjusted.
- Functionality improvements along with bug fixes have been implemented.
Samurai Shodown Xbox India release
As of now, Samurai Shodown is still not available on Xbox in India. The digital release has not been made available here. Hopefully does release here at retail through import stores at least.
Samurai Shodown is out now on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via the Epic Games Store.