Nintendo just revealed details for the next Animal Crossing: New Horizons free update. This update will go live on March 18 (or March 17 if you’re in North America) and it will bring in the 1st Anniversary Celebration cake to commemorate one year of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Sanrio collaboration items, Custom Design Pro Editor+, and more. This update will follow the last few major updates like the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.6.0 update adding in new festivities, reactions, storage increases, and a lot more for Nintendo Switch. Bunny Day will also be returning to Animal Crossing: New Horizons soon. This update will likely be the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.9.0 update. Check out a screenshot from it below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.9.0 update patch notes and new content
The full Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.9.0 patch notes will be available on March 17 or March 18 depending on your timezone. I’ll update this post when the patch notes are live. The new content via Nintendo is as follows:
- 1st Anniversary Cake – Nook Inc. made a 1st Anniversary Cake to commemorate the occasion. It will be sent to your in-game mailbox after the update is installed.
- Sanrio Sweetness – Starting March 26, the Animal Crossing Sanrio Collaboration Pack will be available for purchase at Target stores across the U.S. at a suggested retail price of $5.99. You’ll be able use these six vibrantly designed amiibo cards to invite cute and colorful Animal Crossing residents inspired by popular Sanrio characters to your island, including Rita, Chai and Toby. These amiibo cards let you exchange bells for special Sanrio-themed furniture and fashion items in-game, too. You can even invite these characters to Harv’s Island for a fun photo session in Photopia.
- Custom Design Pro Editor + – The Custom Design app on your NookPhone is getting an upgrade! Use your Nook Miles at the Nook Stop in Resident Services to unlock the feature. It’ll provide a more robust set of features, allowing for the customization of umbrellas, small flags, uchiwa and photo stands. And with a new expansion of 50 slots added to both the Normal Custom Design mode and Pro Custom Design mode, you can truly let your imagination run wild!
- Custom Design Portal – You can now add the Custom Design Portal found in the Able Sisters store directly to your in-game NookPhone app. You’ll be able to use it any time inspiration strikes.
- Seasonal Items – Spring is in the air, and with the changing of the seasons comes a range of new seasonal items! Just in time for April Fool’s Day, a variety of colors of whoopee cushions can be ordered between March 26 and April 1 from the in-game Nook Shopping service. For something a little more elegant, you can prep for prom season with themed fashion items at the Able Sisters shop from April 1 to April 30. You can also order prom-themed items from Nook Shopping during this period, such as a prom night wall, prom night flooring and a prom stash. Never miss a chance to dance!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available on Nintendo Switch. Read my review of it here.