A few days ago, Nintendo revealed the Animal Crossing: New Horizons free Winter update. This update has just gone live as the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.6.0 update adding new festivities, reactions, storage increases, and a lot more on Nintendo Switch. Save Transfer is also be possible beginning today. Details for Animal Crossing: New Horizons save transfer are here. Watch the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.6.0 update trailer below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.6.0 winter update patch notes
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.6.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.
- This feature only transfers save data for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When necessary, please use the Nintendo Switch “Transfer Your User Data” feature as well.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
- Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Another update is planned for late January bringing in more free content. This will likely be the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.7.0 update.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available on Nintendo Switch. Read my review of it here.