Originally revealed in a State of Play showcase, strategy RPG The DioField Chronicle from Square Enix released last year worldwide for Steam, Switch, PS5, PS4, and Xbox platforms. Read my review of the PC version here and Switch version here. Today, Square Enix released the major free update 1.02 bringing in a new difficulty mode, story content featuring Waltaquin Redditch, and more. The DioField Chronicle March 2023 update also added a new mode once you complete the game to enable high level enemies from chapter 1. Check out the trailer below for this update:
The DioField Chronicle March 2023 update contents
Full details for this update are here. Check out the update contents below:
- NEW STORY
Play through a new scenario as Waltaquin and use powerful Necromancy skills with the newly added Grimoire. Summon Skeletal Knights and fearsome Skeletal Dragons to force your enemies into submission!
- NEW BOSS
Face off against the mighty Behemoth!
- EXTRA MODE
The free update will include a new difficulty option for New Game+.
A new difficulty level, Very Hard, will also be added.
The DioField Chronicle version 1.02 update patch notes for March 2023
- New scenario added: Waltaquin’s Story
- Difficulty level added: Very Hard
- Weapon type added: Magic Tome (usable by Waltaquin only)
- Option added: Extra Mode (strengthens all enemies in New Game Plus)
- Adjustments made to improve game balance.
- Bugs fixed.
The DioField Chronicle demo download
Check it out on PS5/PS4 here, Nintendo Switch here, Steam here, and Xbox here.
The DioField Chronicle demo save transfer
You can transfer the save to the full version.
The Diofield Chronicle Digital Deluxe Edition
The Diofield Chronicle Digital Deluxe Edition is priced at $74.99 and it includes the following:
- The DioField Chronicle base game
- Weapon: Knight’s Spear
- Accessory: Mystical Ring
- Original Soundtrack
- Digital Artbook
The Diofield Chronicle Collector’s Edition Set for PS5, Switch, PS4, and Xbox
This is Square Enix store exclusive and priced at $169.99. It includes the following:
- The Diofield Chronicle physical game.
- The DioField Chronicle Board Game – a competitive board game set in the world of the video game, The DioField Chronicle.
- The DioField Chronicle Pin Set – a set of pins with four different coat of arms designs, each representing the Rowetale Alliance, Granvell Order, Blue Fox Mercenaries, and the Schoevian Empire.
The Diofield Chronicle is out now worldwide for PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox, and Steam.