Nintendo recently announced and released the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Summer Update wave 2 which is the second free update as a part of the summer update that saw wave 1 bring in swimming, diving, new donations for the museum, and more. Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.4.0 update brought in in save data backups (not for transfer to another system), fireworks, and more. Today’s update has fixes that address issues in the game from prior updates including version 1.3.0 and a crash that can occur when dreaming. Watch the trailer for it below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.4.2 update patch notes
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.4.2” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
The following issues have been addressed:
- From Ver. 1.4.1:
- Fixed issue where the “sumo ring” would not display properly.
- From Ver. 1.4.0:
- Fixed issue where the game would shut down under certain conditions when dreaming.
- Fixed issue where shining soil would improperly appear behind buildings and other places.
- Fixed issue where specific message cards sent from animal residents the player is close friends with would not arrive in the player’s mailbox as intended.
- From Ver. 1.3.0:
- Changed the MTU when playing with others from 1364 to 1240 in order to investigate an issue where players cannot play with others in certain network environments.
More details for the save data backup introduced in the previous update are here.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available on Nintendo Switch. Read my review of it here.