Nintendo’s latest financial results (for the period ending on December 31, 2019) were just revealed today with very strong hardware and software sales. This includes exclusives like Astral Chain and even first party releases. Astral Chain and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 have both shipped over 1 million units worldwide since they released last year. The Nintendo Switch has sold 52.48 million units since launch. Back in October 2019, Nintendo revealed that it had sold 41.67 million units since its launch.
The Nintendo Switch (console) sales for this quarter are at 7.58 million units while Nintendo Switch Lite sales for this quarter are at 3.24 million units. It is interesting that there is still no mention of Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch in North America. The game is currently available in Europe and Japan only. Ring Fit Adventure has shipped 2.17 million which is one of the bigger surprise hits from Nintendo in recent years. Luigi’s Mansion 3 has sold over 5 million in two months. The full updated Nintendo Switch million sellers list is below.
Nintendo Switch million sellers list 2020
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 22.96 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 17.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 16.59 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 16.34 million
- Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield – 16.06 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.76 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.81 million
- Super Mario Party – 9.12 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 5.85 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 5.37 million
It is going to be interesting to see how the Nintendo Switch continues to sell in 2020 with a seemingly barren first half of the year barring Animal Crossing: New Leaf which is the only announced big first party exclusive so far.