Updated on July 10, 2020 at 10:30 AM – Added full English patch notes.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition finally released in May but wasn’t available physically in India until this week. Read about the physical release for India here. Today, Nintendo released a patch for the game with various fixes for the soundtrack toggle, waypoints on the map, notifications, item trading, new game plus, and more. The Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition version 1.1.2 update patch is a small download as expected. Details for the previous 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 patches are here. Watch the launch trailer below:
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition version 1.1.2 update patch notes
After revealing the Japanese patch notes before (with spoilers), Nintendo finally released English patch notes for the update. Check them out below:
- Changing the Tutorial notifications in Notification Settings to Don’t Notify will now cause recommendations to try Casual Mode to not appear.
- This can be set through Options → Notification Settings and setting Tutorials to Don’t Notify.
- Some of the “!” icons appearing on the area map and in the field while using Travel Guidance can now be disabled. Disabling them will remove them from enemies and collectibles concerning the quest, however they will still appear above the quest-giving NPC as usual.
- This can be set through Options → Display Settings and setting Travel Guidance to Hide.
- Starting a New Game Plus after lowering character levels in the New Game Plus Settings could cause the number of Affinity Coins held to decrease. If this has occurred, loading save data will apply the correct amount.
- Starting a New Game Plus after lowering character levels in the New Game + Settings would result in more Skill Links being active than Affinity Coins available for them. If this has occurred, removing Skill Links so that they are lower than the number of Affinity Coins will cause them to function as usual. Additionally, Skill Links can be removed with the + Button.
- Fixed the attack-interval value during battle for some characters (Shulk, Reyn, and Nene are unaffected). The attack intervals while affected by Slow will slow down and quicken while affected by Haste—making it easier to sense when affected by Haste/Slow.
- Fixed an issue after a boss fight in Chapter 16 where three-slot weapons would become two-slot weapons, with all equipped gems being removed.
- Fixed an issue where switching the BGM between Arranged and Original in the options during certain event scenes wouldn’t affect the song “Engage the Enemy.”
- “Engage the Enemy” can be changed with Toggle Field BGM in the Options.
- Fixed a lockup that occurred when closing the quest-clear dialogue during the quest Clearing Obstructions after Reyn’s level rose to 16 after beating three Zealous Arachnos.
- Fixed a lockup that sometimes occurred when battling Nero Andos.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become uncontrollable when attempting to trade with an NPC who disappeared due to the passage of time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become uncontrollable when falling off a ledge just before seeing a vision from a collectible.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become uncontrollable after finishing a battle while unconscious.
- Fixed a lockup that occurred when changing gems or the time on the main menu during the interval in the last battle.
- Fixed a lockup that occurred when bringing up information dialogue while pressing the – Button to call up Help at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused characters to be in the topple status when an event scene and a vision prompted by a collectible item would occur at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the quest to become unacceptable when changing to a different event or changing the time while talking to a quest-giving NPC.
- Fixed an issue where if the controlled character were cheered up and HP were restored at the same time they lost consciousness, they would lose consciousness with that amount of HP remaining.
- Fixed an issue where Travel Guidance wouldn’t display correctly during the quest Monado Replica 5.
- Fixed an issue where selecting Arts simultaneously with being dazed would cause the character to be stuck in the fainting motion.
- Fixed an issue where accepting a quest with the Weapon Development Lab as its destination would cause the Travel Guidance route not to appear.
- Fixed an issue where loading an autosave file after hearing a quest-acceptance conversation would cause quest progress already seen to return to that before having heard the conversation.
- Fixed an issue that caused battles with Gentle Mother Armu, Baby Armus, and Deluded Ignas to be disengaged too easily.
- Fixed an issue where changing the controlled character while climbing a wall would cause the character to fall through the wall.
- Fixed an issue where the BGM wouldn’t play during certain event scenes.
- Fixed an issue where in Chapter Nine, while the Mechon soldiers do battle with the Laias on Prison Island, viewing Prison Island from Eryth Sea would show the battle effects, but they weren’t visible from Imperial Capitol Alcamoth.
- Fixed an issue that caused leveling up after defeating an enemy with a Chain Attack to cause the numeric display of the level to appear strange.
- Although the added damage would function properly, fixed an issue that caused the damage displayed on screen to appear 256 points lower than the actual value when the additional damage value of added attack gems would surpass 256.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is now available on Nintendo Switch.