Sega and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio’s Like a Dragon: Ishin released in February this year for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC platforms including Steam and the Microsoft Store following its early access launch for Digital Deluxe Edition owners. If you’ve not gotten it yet, read my PS5 review here and Steam Deck review here. Today, the Like a Dragon: Ishin version 1.05 update has gone live on all platforms. This is 1.425GB on PS5. This update adds DLSS 2 and XeSS 1.1 support on PC, fixes for enemies, follower adjustments, and many fixes.
Like a Dragon: Ishin version 1.05 update patch notes
The patch notes via Sega are below:
- Added compatibility for NVIDIA DLSS 2.
- Added compatibility for Intel® XeSS 1.1.
- Adjusted AMD FSR 2 translucency and water surface behavior.
- Fixed an error wherein shop item descriptions did not update on mouse hover.
- Corrected poker text bubble behavior when using ultrawide monitors.
- Improved flame rendering performance.
- Improved follower behavior.
- Weakened spear and iaijutsu enemies.
- Adjusted the amount of trooper morale recovered by eating.
- Fixed an error wherein level 99 was unreachable under certain conditions.
- Fixed an error wherein Diligence Records would not display under certain conditions.
- Fixed an error that caused freezing if certain inputs were entered when creating Clear Data.
- Fixed an error wherein certain inputs would open and close chicken races simultaneously.
- Fixed an error wherein the Hannya Shirakawa Trooper Card could not be obtained.
- Fixed an error wherein Scarecrow Chateau progress would not carry over properly in Bakumatsu Premium Adventure.
- Other stability improvements and fixes.
If you’re curious about the editions and DLC, read this guide. If you’re buying it on PS4, here’s what you need to know about save data transfer for PS5. The wait has been very long for Like a Dragon: Ishin, but I’m glad it arrived with such a fantastic localization and release. Despite a few technical issues, it is well worth your time.
Like a Dragon: ishin is out now worldwide for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the Microsoft Store and Steam.