Guilty Gear Strive from Arc System Works had its final Season Pass 1 character released alongside the confirmation of crossplay and Season Pass 2 at the Arc Revo America Finals 2021. We featured Guilty Gear Strive as one of the best games of 2021 and one of the best soundtracks of 2021. Today at EVO 2022, Arc System Works confirmed that Bridget is joining the game as the first Season Pass 2 character alongside the Guilty Gear Strive version 1.21 update patch notes reveal. This update for PS5, PS4, and Steam will add Bridget and various fixes. Watch the Bridget trailer below:
Guilty Gear Strive version 1.21 update patch notes
General / Game Modes
- Added Bridget as a playable character: Bridget will be available after purchasing the “GGST Season Pass 2” or “Bridget” DLC items, both to be released on August 9.
- Added Bridget’s theme, “The Town Inside Me.” Bridget must be selectable in order to use the BGM.
- Added avatar items for Bridget: The new avatar items can be obtained via “fishing.”
- Added new BGM to the gallery mode: “Simple Life” (GGXX Bridget’s theme) can be accessed after obtaining it via “fishing.”
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when the Player 1 controller was used on the Results Screen after a match between
- Player 2 and Player 3 while multiple controllers were connected.
Digital Figure Mode
The L1/R1 buttons can now be used to align the cursor when placing a figure.
Improved figure and camera controls.
- Reduced input delay for the PS5 version.
- Fixed a problem in which the “Y” button icon was not displayed correctly when using the “Steam Controller” on the Steam version: Improved the communication process on the Steam version to shorten the network connection time when logging in.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Guilty Gear Strive crossplay and Season Pass 2
Guilty Gear Strive will get crossplay between Steam and PS5, PS4 and Season Pass 2 this year.
Arc System Works also announced that Guilty Gear Strive has shipped more than 1 million units worldwide on PS5, PS4, and Steam.
Guilty Gear Strive is out now on PS5, PS4, and Steam. Read my PS5 review here and platform comparison here.