Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak from Capcom is out now on PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store. I played the expansion for review on PS5, Switch, and Steam. Read my review of the PS5 version here, Switch version here, PC version here, and Steam Deck performance review here. Today, Capcom released the final update for the game on PS5, PS4, and Xbox platforms bringing them up to speed with Switch and Steam. The download size is as follows: Xbox X|S 2.5 GB, Xbox One 2.3 GB, Windows 2.4 GB, PS5 2.57 GB, and PS4 2.5 GB.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Version 18.104.22.168 Update Patch Notes for PS5 and Xbox
Major New Features
Added story elements
- New monsters
- New afflicted monsters
- New Risen elder dragons
- New quests
- The level cap of Anomaly Investigations has increased
- Special Investigations have been added as the final difficulty level for Anomaly Investigations
- New monsters appearing in Anomaly Investigations
- New weapon trees, armor, and layered armor
- New skills and decorations
- New Augmentations at the Smithy
- New skills can be earned when augmenting armor
- Armor upgrade level cap will be raised
- You can now earn extra bonuses when expanding the Anomaly Slots on a weapon
- New Melding Pot method at the Market
- New prizes added to the Lottery
Added system elements
- The maximum number of Anomaly Investigations you can own has been increased to 200
- New Guild Card titles
- New Badges of Heroes added
- New “Hunter Loadout” feature added to the item box.
- New feature to enable/disable “Sale BGM” at the housekeeper.
- Latin American Spanish now supported via the Options > Language menu.
- Some bugs have been fixed.
Detailed patch notes for the PC and Switch updates are below:
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak version 16.0.0 update patch notes
Main Additions / Changes
New Story Elements
- A new monster has been added and will appear in Gathering Hub quests.
- New quests have been added.
- A wider variety of monsters now appear on Anomaly Investigations.
- New weapons, armor, layered equipment, and skills have been added.
- New skills have been added to the pool of potential skills available during Qurious Armor Crafting.
- “Augment: Slots+” has been added to Qurious Armor Crafting.
- A new skill has been added to the pool of potential skills available during “Qurious Melding—Vigor”.
- A new prize has been added to the Market’s lottery.
- New trinkets and hanging scrolls have been added.
- New items have been added for trade at the Anomaly Research Lab.
- New dialogue added for major NPCs at Kamura Village and Elgado Outpost based on your progress.
New System Elements
- The maximum number of Anomaly Investigations you can own has been raised to 200.
- New Guild Card titles have been added.
- A new Badge of Heroes has been added.
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments
- Fixed an issue where, if the player fainted right before performing the gunlance’s Blast Dash, they would perform a single Blast Dash when trying to use Shelling after recovering.
- Fixed a bug where, if the player registers the Dragon Conversion skill to a loadout while the value exceeds the limit, the quantity of the effect in the loadout would be different from the actual effect.
- Fixed a bug causing bias in the frequency at which some players would draw a monster’s attention (aggro).
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing Luchika to try to guard against unblockable monster attacks when she has the gunlance equipped.
- Fixed a bug where some of Utsushi’s voice lines would not properly play during the battle with Amatsu.
- Fixed a bug causing Followers to perform incorrect evasion behavior if they heal just when Amatsu is about to perform one of its special attacks.
- Fixed a bug causing Followers to get hit by the ice pillars that spawn at the end of a turf war between Malzeno and Velkhana.
- Fixed a bug preventing Followers from performing proper dodges if the player places a Gustcrab in a specific spot.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing Barioth’s landing animation to play properly when it enters the Forlorn Arena.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing Amatsu from roaring at the start of the battle.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing Amatsu to start shaking a little when it is downed at the edge of the battlefield.
- Fixed a bug preventing the sound effect from being played when breaking a part on Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax’s body.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing Marionette Spiders from being displayed in the correct location when the player throws them at a Crimson Glow Valstrax, a Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax, or a Risen Shagaru Magala.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing a mountable monster to attack the hunter if the player rides it during the Amatsu quest but never attacks Amatsu with it.
Locales and Environment
- Fixed a bug during the Amatsu quest occasionally causing the background used for when the quest is completed to be displayed after the player changes their equipment in the tent and then leaves the tent.
- Fixed a bug during the Amatsu quest occasionally causing the cannon placed in the battle arena to keep facing downwards if the player accesses it while it is reloading.
- Fixed a bug causing the sky to change rapidly if the player moves around a specific elevated platform in Area 13 of the Citadel.
Base and Facilities
- You can now hold down the L button or R button to scroll through pages on the Smithy’s material selection screen.
- Fixed an issue occasionally causing trinkets placed in Your Room in Elgado to face the wrong direction.
- You can now earn 3-monster quests for Anomaly Investigations taking place at the Arena, the Infernal Springs, or the Forlorn Arena, starting from Level 261.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing a completion mark from being displayed when completing a Special Investigation in a local co-op Lobby.
- Chaotic Gore Magala may now appear during Expedition Tours.
- Fixed a bug preventing some Side Quests from being deliverable until the player has completed specific other quests.
- Fixed a bug during the Amatsu quest where, even if the player succesfully manages to restrain Amatsu with a Silkbinder shot, the voice line for a failed shot would be played.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the on-screen guidance and Utsushi’s dialogue to disappear if the player uses a Great Wirebug during the Amatsu quest and it starts glowing.
- Fixed a bug causing the Ominous Cloud lance to display with an unintended appearance when using the preview in the item box.
- Fixed a bug where, if the player removes the gunlance’s “Stuffed Magnamalo” layered weapon outside of a tent, the sound effect for sheathing that weapon will still be played.
- Fixed a bug preventing the reload sound for the Wicked Needle light bowgun from playing properly.
- Fixed a bug causing the Espinas and Flaming Espinas light bowgun to appear unsheathed when sheathed.
- Fixed a bug preventing the hunter’s hair from being displayed correctly when using the “Bahari Locks” hairstyle and equipping the Professor’s Goggles.
- Fixed a bug preventing some head armor from being displayed correctly when using the “Fluffy Curls” hairstyle.
- Fixed a bug where using the “Black & White” or “Black & White (Cinema-style)” filter and resetting the quest would result in the filter being disabled and the game displaying in an unsupported color palette.
- Fixed a bug causing some NPCs to use dialogue that doesn’t match the player’s progress.
- Fixed a bug causing the subtitles to be displayed with a delay during specific cutscenes if the text language and voice language are both set to English.
- Fixed a bug causing unnatural display to occur when searching for a Lobby without any settings on the Lobby Search screen.
- Two extra restrictions have been added for blocked players on Steam’s blocked-user list:
1. They will not be able to enter the same Lobby (if the Lobby was created after they were blocked).
2. They will not be able to play quests with the player who blocked them. When playing on Steam Deck, the on-screen keyboard will now automatically be displayed in situations where the player can enter text.
This setting can be changed by going to the Options and selecting Display > Automatic Screen Keyboard Display.Fixed a bug preventing Steam profile names from being displayed correctly if the name contains a “<” symbol.
- Fixed an issue with some names in the credits not following the correct display rules.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
If you’re new to Sunbreak, read my guides on starting Sunbreak here, early Master Rank armor here, unlocking sub camps here, Ruby and Gold Wirebugs here, Master Rank layered armor here, the postgame here, and afflicted materials with all the monster drops here. I also have a list of the confirmed monsters included and those coming here. Check out my DLC guide for the game here and full Event Quest guide here.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is out now on PS5, PS4, Xbox, Switch, and Steam worldwide.