After revealing Anji Mito for Guilty Gear Strive, Arc System Works has now detailed the six offline modes for the upcoming fighter that is set to release this April for PS5, PS4, and PC via Steam. PS4 owners get a free upgrade to the PS5 version as well. After revealing a few characters over the last year, Arc System Works has now gotten into the gameplay details for offline modes. Watch the Guilty Gear Strive 7th trailer with Anji Mito gameplay below:
Guilty Gear Strive offline modes
The Guilty Gear Strive Offline modes are arcade, versus, tutorial, mission, training, and survival. Details for them are below:
- Arcade Mode – This is the core mode of the game where you can face off against CPU-controlled characters. Opponents will change and there might be a new character jumping in depending on your skill level. The end of this mode is a boss character and it includes fully voiced dialogue with different ending scenarios.
- Versus Mode – This mode lets players fight each other either locally or online in addition to testing their skills against CPU-controlled opponents. You can choose the skill level and view graphs with analytics on the result screen to help understand strengths and weaknesses after each battle.
- Tutorial Mode – This mode will teach players the main mechanics of Guilty Gear Strive through Sol Badguy and Ky Kiske who are the two main characters of Guilty Gear Strive. Depending on your skill level, you will get different advice on screen.
- Mission Mode – This mode is for players who want to dig deeper into game systems and combos and it lets players complete challenges to become better. Players earn points and will be suggested to try different things depending on skill level.
- Training Mode – This mode lets players practice moves without any time or meters to worry about. This includes command lists, example videos, automatic counterattack setting options, and more. This mode also includes a new Combo Recipe function that lets players save and share custom combos.
- Survival Mode – As with other fighters, this mode has players face off against never-ending waves of CPU-controlled opponents until the character’s HP runs out. A little HP is restored in between fights but opponents get stronger. This mode includes online leaderboards.
Check out the official website for more details here.
Guilty Gear Strive base roster
The Guilty Gear Strive base roster includes 15 playable characters. This includes
- Sol Badguy
- Ky Kiske
- Axl Low
- Chipp Zanuff
- Millia Rage
- Ramlethal Valentine
- Leo Whitefang
- Anji Mito
- To be revealed
Guilty Gear Strive Season Pass 1 contents and price
Guilty Gear Strive Season Pass 1 includes five playable characters, five additional character colours, two stages, and additional story content. The pass will be priced at $29.99 on release.
Guilty Gear Strive open beta
An open beta is planned for early 2021 on PS4 and PS5 only.
Will Guilty Gear Strive release in India
While it will release digitally, it is unclear whether the game will see a retail release in India despite Bandai Namco Entertainment having an official distributor in the country. E-xpress Interactive has skipped bringing certain Bandai Namco Entertainment games in the past like Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, and more.
Guilty Gear Strive releases on April 6, 2021 for Ultimate and Deluxe Edition owners and April 9, 2021 for Standard Edition owners on PS4 and PS5. For PC, the standard and deluxe release on April 9, 2021.