Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak from Capcom is finally here on Nintendo Switch and Steam. I’ve been playing the expansion for review on both Switch and Steam. Read my review of the PC version here, Steam Deck performance review here, and Nintendo Switch review here. Today, the first post-launch update has gone live for Sunbreak on both PC and Nintendo Switch. The Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak version 10.0.3 update patch notes include bug fixes and balance adjustments, and the download size is 1.1GB on Steam. Watch the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak launch trailer below:
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak version 10.0.3 update patch notes
Bug Fixes and Balance Adjustments
- Fixed a bug causing your Palico’s Support Moves to change randomly when teaching them certain Secret Support Moves.
- Fixed a bug preventing a reload rating lowered by 2 levels from recovering, if you remove the Elemental Reload Switch Skill after performing a specific set of actions with the light bowgun.
(We’ve also confirmed a bug in the reload display under Equipment Info, and this will be addressed in a future update.)
- Fixed a bug causing the game to shut down when performing a specific string of attacks using the insect glaive’s Kinsect Bonus: Boosted Powder Extract on Rakna-Kadaki or Pyre Rakna-Kadaki.
Locales and Environment
- Fixed a bug in dialogue with the Buddy Scout regarding newly added Buddy Skills that was aimed at all players, instead of only affected players.
- For A1★ and A2★ quests, the health for all monsters and the attack power of some monsters has been adjusted.
Base and Facilities
- Fixed a bug very occasionally causing the game to freeze after using the Lottery with an amiibo.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to temporarily lose the right to play Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak when purchasing or activating DLC during gameplay.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
Monster Hunter Rise has shipped 10 million units worldwide while Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has shipped 2 million units worldwide. Two Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Elgado Pack item sets are also now available to celebrate this.
If you’re new to Sunbreak, read my guides on starting Sunbreak here, early Master Rank armor here, unlocking sub camps here, Ruby and Gold Wirebugs here, Master Rank layered armor here, and the postgame here. I also have a list of the confirmed monsters included and those coming here.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is out now on Switch and Steam worldwide.