Guilty Gear Strive from Arc System Works and Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe arrived on PS5, PS4, and PC via Steam a few month ago. It has since added Jack-O as DLC and Goldlewis Dickinson as DLC. A major update is going live tomorrow in the form of the Guilty Gear Strive version 1.10 update for all platforms with the PS4 Tournament feature being added alongside faster network login when you launch the game. If you’ve not gotten Guilty Gear Strive yet, it is one of the best games of the year so far. Read my review of the PS5 version here. Read my PS4 and PS5 comparison here. Watch the Guilty Gear Strive trailer below:
Guilty Gear Strive version 1.10 update release date
The Guilty Gear Strive version 1.10 update release date is October 15 (tomorrow).
Guilty Gear Strive version 1.10 update patch notes for PS5, PS4, and Steam
General / Game Modes
- Added support for the PS4 event “Tournament” feature.
- Pressing the △ button at the main menu displays any upcoming PlayStation Tournaments open to entry, and will automatically match players with their opponents during supported tournaments. This feature is not supported on the PS5 console, or on the PS4 version when running on a PS5 console. (Arc System Works does not provide sponsorships, endorsements, or management.)
- Reduced the network connection time upon login.
- Added a “Sync R-Code with Server” feature under System Settings from the main menu Settings option.
- Using this feature downloads the R-Code from the server and applies it as the R-Code for the current save data. Please use this feature when your save data has been deleted or lost.
- When the player’s suggested floor is the Celestial Floor, they will now begin matching on the Celestial Floor after selecting Quick Start from the main menu.
- When Counter Setting and either Automatic Psych Burst or Automatic Roman Cancel are set simultaneously, the Counter Setting will be prioritized.
- The battle version has been updated from 1.04 to 1.05. You can check the battle version in the Replay Theater, etc. Some missions in Mission Mode have been changed to reflect this.
- Fixed a bug where sound effects for flame attacks would be played multiple times under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where the Maximum Combo Damage and Maximum Combo Hits would not be displayed properly. Previous data will be reset on login, and properly registered from current gameplay.
- Damage from Wall Break will now be included in Maximum Combo Damage, Total Damage Dealt, and Total Damage Taken.
- Fixed a bug where the Network functions would not respond properly, mostly after viewing a large amount of play data from the Ranking screen.
Major Confirmed Issue:
Network features are completely inaccessible under certain play environments.
We are continuing to look into and address this issue.
Guilty Gear Strive version 1.10 update character balance adjustments and changes
Check out the Guilty Gear Strive version 1.10 update character balance adjustments and changes here.
Guilty Gear Strive DLC roadmap for season 1 characters and stages
The Guilty Gear Strive DLC roadmap includes free updates, paid DLC, and more.
July 2021: Additional character 1 – Goldlewis Dickinson
August 2021: Additional character 2 – Jack O
After Fall 2021: Additional characters 3,4, and 5, two additional battle stages, another story.
Another story will only be included in the Season Pass and not sold separately.
Guilty Gear Strive free update plans
Periodic additions after release for Guilty Gear Strive include:
- Combo Maker
- Additional customization features for player match rooms
- Digital Figure Mode
Guilty Gear Strive full roster
The Guilty Gear Strive base roster includes 15 playable characters. This includes
- Sol Badguy
- Ky Kiske
- Axl Low
- Chipp Zanuff
- Millia Rage
- Ramlethal Valentine
- Leo Whitefang
- Anji Mito
- Goldlewis Dickinson (DLC)
- Jack-O (DLC)
Guilty Gear Strive Season Pass 1 contents and price
Guilty Gear Strive Season Pass 1 includes five playable characters, five additional character colours, two stages, and additional story content. The pass will be priced at $29.99 on release.
Guilty Gear Strive is out now on PS5, PS4, and Steam.